Chapter Twelve - Stalker Much

Penny had decided to open Bucky's presents before they visited the orphanage. Being in the spotlight wasn't exactly her favourite thing, so the less presents she had to open, was less time with people staring at her. She sat on the couch, almost bouncing on the couch in anticipation. Bucky came out of his room, carrying her presents. He set the three boxes on the table in front of her, and sat down in the chair to her left.

"Can I open them now?" She asked, glancing up at Bucky with a huge smile on her face. This was exciting. It was her first 'real' birthday per say. Sure she celebrated it back at the orphanage, but it was more of a one present thing, and everyone just saying happy birthday and then carrying on.

"Go ahead. But you have to open this one last." Bucky said, pointing to the biggest box. Penny just nodded, before grabbing the smallest box. She turned it over in her hands, trying to figure out what could be inside. She slid her finger under the flap of the wrapping paper, unsticking the tape, before unwrapping the rest of the box. Ripping the box open, she flipped the flaps up, opening it up. Grabbing the card from inside, a huge grin grew on her face, hardly able to contain her excitement.

"A library card?" She asked, turning her eyes to Bucky.

"Yeah. I figured it would be better than just buying books every time." He replied, scratching the back of his neck. "You like it?"

"Yeah! I can get however many I want now." Bucky sighed in relief, content with his choice. She set down the card, before grabbing the next gift. This one wasn't in a box, and she could tell by the shape that it was a frame. Unwrapping it gently, the back faced her first, and before turning it over, she let the rest of the paper fall to the floor. Turning it over gingerly, she let out a little gasp as she saw the picture inside the beautiful frame.

Penny and Bucky stood face to face, an oversized motorcycle helmet on Penny's head, with the visor up so you could see her face. An amazing smile adorned her face, lighting up the picture. Bucky was captured mid-laugh, a hand on Penny's visor. His arm was mostly uncovered, one of the rare times in public, and they were standing in front of Bucky's motorcycle. Penny remembered this day. It was only last week. They had just gone to get doughnuts, and were about to head back to the apartment. But instead of grabbing her own helmet, she had grabbed Bucky's. The thing was huge, and it set both of them laughing.

"Where did you find this?" She asked, tracing her fingers over the delicate frame.

"Well... Tony." Bucky said shortly.

"Stark? When did we ever see him?" She asked, confused. She had never met Tony Stark, when could he have taken this picture.

"We didn't. He found out that I adopted you, being his nosy self, and had a drone come to spy on me. I guess he thought that was cute and took a picture." Penny laughed.

"Wow alright. Stalker much." Bucky laughed with her, smiling at the picture in her hands. It was pretty cute.

"Alright alright. Last one." Penny said, setting down the frame, and picking up the last box. She quickly unwrapped it, not before the ping the balled up wrapping paper at Bucky. He let out a small noise of protest, before throwing it back. She turned her attention back to the box in her lap. Penny eyed the STARK logo on the box, before forcing it open, revealing a whole heck of a lot of bubble wrap. Picking up the mass of wrap, she pulled it open, finding yet another layer of wrapping. Brown paper wrapping a rectangular shape.

"Go ahead." Bucky said. Penny didn't realize she had frozen, looking at the small package in her hands. She shook out her mind, before slowly unwrapping the present. A tape. What looked like a cassette tape. That would be if it wasn't bigger and didn't have a compartment pop up with headphones. Penny jumped a little in surprise, before grabbing the headphones from the hook that came out of the compartment. She noticed a little slip of paper too, a sticky note.

Happy Birthday! Your adopter here asked me to create something for you, and I just couldn't possibly say no. This thing you are now holding in your hands is a STARK Industries original, you're the only one who has one (feel honoured). It has all your favourite songs on it, and you can add or delete them as you please, just ask Harmony. You're very welcome.
Billionaire Genius

She stared at the note in awe for a second, before looking up at Bucky. He was glancing at her, trying to see if she liked her gift.

"You made Tony Stark make something for me?"

"Well it took a little convincing." He said begrudgingly, showing off his arm. It seemed to be a different one, and when Penny asked, the answer she got was a short one.
"He wants to 'tweak' it. Which totally means he's going to mess with it and I'm going to have to take it to Shuri again." Penny laughed, imagining what Tony could do. She turned back to the device in her hands.

"What do I do?" She asked Bucky, looking back up at him in confusion.

"Um, he didn't really tell me that."

"Oh." Penny looked back at the note. Harmony, ask Harmony. Might as well try. Slipping on the headphones, she spoke out loud, "Uh, Harmony?"

"Yes Miss Barnes?" A slightly robotic voice came flowing easily into her ears. The voice sounded faintly Australian, and was definitely female.

"Oh hi." Penny replied, shocked. First, there was a voice coming from her cassette tape, whatever it was, and this lady, Harmony, had just called her Miss Barnes.

"Hello. What can I do for you?" Harmony asked politely.

"Well what can you do?"

"I can play all your songs, play a specific song, make a lineup, delete or add a song to your list, and tell you the artist and song name. Amongst other things." Harmony rattled off. Her voice was soothing somehow.

"Woah. Cool. Thanks Harmony."

"No trouble Miss Barnes." She replied quickly, and Penny reluctantly slipped the headphones from her ears.

"This is so cool!" Penny finally exclaimed, and Bucky smiled as she listed all the things Harmony could do and how she was so excited to try it out. Best birthday ever.

Hey everyone. It's been like 2 weeks, again, and I just want to say I'm sorry. It's been a long couple weeks, and I had absolutely no motivation, so here's a short one for you today and I'll try to make the next one longer.
- Abby