Purple Particals

"Tommy!" A distant echo startled Tommy out of his trance with the wood, it had even more of a reverb than Jack did!
"Niki?" Tommy asked glancing around just in case.

The echo giggled.
"Niki? Is that you?" Tommy repeated.
"Ayup Toms, are you alright?" Niki's voice asked, no echo, sitting dormant in the back of his head.
"I- nevermind. Where are you?" Tommy asked cautiously.

"Back around where the town we went to is," Niki explained with a soft sigh.
"Oh."
"So you're far then," Tommy huffed annoyed.

"I-" Niki stumbled.
"Make a crafting table, Sailor's Delight," the echo instructed.
Tommy took the now planks and got the slots open.

"1 top left."
He did as he was told.
"1 top right."
Again.
"1 bottom left."
Again.
"1 bottom right."
Again.

When he stopped doing it and pulled his hand away out popped some kind of table with slots in a 3 by 3 pattern on its surface.
"The f*ck is this?" Tommy asked, dumbfounded.

"Crafting Table!" the echo supplied.
Jesus, he feels like he's going insane!

Ok, 'crafting table' let's see what you can do!

●●●●

"Dear, please," Kristin's voice hit the Elytrian hard.
His wings staggered and he went headlong into a tree.

His wings puffed up, feathers falling everywhere he went.
Now he had a bloody nose and a bruised face to match his disheveled appearance.

His body trembled and he tried so hard not to fall out of the tree.
"Phil?! Oh, my g*d! Phil, where are you?!" Tubbo cried out from below.

Ok voice in his head, here's the deal: you stop sounding like his dead wife and he'll stop pushing himself to the point where he hears you at all!
Deal?

There were a few beats of silence that Phil took as confirmation.
"Up here Tubbo!" He called down lazily.
"Where?" Tubbo called back, Phil could just barely make out a small figure looking about below.

"Just- stay still I'll come to you!" Phil instructed and the figure stopped moving.
Now, if you didn't know exactly where it was, you wouldn't be able to see the boy at all.

Thank you Fledgling.

Phil swung his feet over the side of the branch he was on. Slowly he pushed himself off and onto the next lower one.

This was going to take a while...

"Phil, baby, listen to me," her voice once more echoed in his head.
Phil slipped and fell a good distance down the tree with a shriek.

Unless, of course, you do that.

About a good 3 dozen crows immediately ran to catch him.
A thing he hadn't experienced since he had done a similar thing when he was 17.
Of course, then he hadn't been hearing his dead wife's voice in his ear. He had just been being stupid.

He scrambled to stay in the tree. White gripping another branch.
A few crows landed pleasantly on his arm and wings. A silent, "don't even try, father".

What was the fastest way down?
Phil glanced at his wings.
Well alright then.

Phil opened his wings and before he could even try he got an earful of Kristin scolding him.

Clearly, his mind-wife didn't understand the urgency of the situation.
He needed to get down from here.
He needed to get to his fledgling!

Needed.
Needed.
Needed!