To Hell and Back

1 month 5 weeks 2 days prior..

3 boys stood in front of a house they had come to know as their second home.
"Deeeeeoooo! Just knock already!" The youngest urged his blue patagium being tugged against the mountain wind.

The oldest chuckled and knocked on the wooden door.
"Toooommmy!" The 16-year old called.
"Exit thy domain! Who cares if you're sick, we wanna see you!" The 14-year-old called.
The 13-year-old elbowed him with a glare.

The door opened to the blond woman. Her black patagium was covered slightly with an apron and her dirty blond hair was tied up in a surprisingly neat messy bun.
"Boys, hi," she hummed, her eyes looked almost dull.

"Hi, Mrs. Tommy's mom! We're here for Tommy, is he here? Can he come out?" Luke chirped tugging on his light blue patagium, adjusting it down past his knees self-consciously.
"I'm sorry boys, Tommy went with the older boys for a supply run. He was getting really antsy up here," his mom explained.

"Whaaat!" Luke whined.
"Lucky!" Bitzel proclaimed.
Deo's brow furrowed.
"I'll let you know when he returns home, how about that?" She replied.
"Ok, thank you, ma'am," Deo agreed and they walked away.

"Hey Deo?" Luke whispered.
"Yeah, Luke?" Deo responded.
".....don't you have to be 18 to go on supply runs?" Luke asked.
"Yep."
"Deo....?" Luke continued.

"Yes?"
"This is giving me a weird feeling in my stomach...."
"Me too Luke. Me too," Deo agreed.

"Guys..." Bitzel hummed.
"Yeah?" Deo responded.

"They're not sending anyone out for another 3 months. . . it's hunting season," Bitzel informed.

"Sh*t."

●●●●

2 years 1 month 14 days prior..

"Purpled!" Tubbo called tackling the purple shulk to the ground.
The boy laughed.
"Tubbo, hi!" The blond greeted rolling the younger off of him so he sat over him.
Tubbo winced and Purpled immediately hopped up pulling him up.

"I'm so sorry! I forgot about your back!" Purpled quickly apologized.
"No no, it's ok!" Tubbo assured.
Purpled sighed, his hood closed on him as he mumbled a few apologies.
Tubbo laughed.

"Purpled, it's fine! Why don't we go get some pizza, yeah?" Tubbo offered.
Purpled's hood immediately launched back open, falling off his head as well.

"Really?! Let's go!" He agreed, grabbing his friend's wrist and dragging him to the mall which had the best pizza place.

"Ok so, you know Drista, right?" Purpled asked.
"Of course," Tubbo responded.
"Ok so, that absolute b*tch came up to me yesterday and- you know what she did?" Purpled gossiped.
Tubbo shook his head, leaning in.
"She slammed a pie in my face! A whole pie!" The 12-year-old proclaimed.

"I mean, thanks for the pie I guess but seriously! And you know what I did?"
"What did you do?!"
"I closed my shell on her hand!" He announced smugly and Tubbo gasped.

"Did it hurt her?" Tubbo asked.
"No, I don't think so. She's a strong girl," Purpled replied with a shrug.
Tubbo nodded.

"Honestly, I'd be surprised if God himself could smite her down," Tubbo chuckled.
"Might have to wish him luck!" Purpled agreed.

The duo laughed.

"Oh! By the way, I totally saw someone stealing your color earlier! You should sue!" Purposed commented.
"Ugh, for the last time Purpled, I did not Trademark the color green!" Tubbo groaned.

"Yeah well, I trademarked purple so-" Purpled declared.
"Dude, purple is our natural color..." Tubbo deadpanned.
Purpled grinned a wide, toothy grin.
"Exactly! Which means I should be making bank!" Purpled joked.

Tubbo kicked him under the table and Purpled took a big bite out of his pizza.

●●●●

2 years 1 month 5 days prior..

The soft clink of steel-toed boots against the sidewalk filled the blond's ears.
"7, 8, 9, 10-" he murmured under his breath.

He turned left, starting down a dark alleyway.

"1, 2, 3, 4-" he continued.
Each step he took he counted up 1 more.
The cold night air bit at his dark purple shell.

10 steps, turn left.
He tightened it further around himself. In front of him stood a raggedy door that looked like it would fall off its hinges if pulled open too hard.

1 step forward.
Knuckles rapped against sad metal.
Once...
Twice...
Pause.
Thrice.
Fourth.
Fifth.
Pause.
Repeat.

The door creaked open.
The blond stepped inside.

●●●●

9 years 5 months and 17 days prior.

A woman kicked and screamed at her captors.
They didn't care.

They dropped the poor woman into the dark depths below and left her to die.

Her calls and please to be let out went unheard for 2 days.
Bright purple wings turned pitch black, the maroon dress she had been wearing for her date with her husband was now black and tattered.

When they returned to drop someone else down into the void they heard her calls.

The void Queen.

And they'd never let her go.

--------
Notes:

I know it's short, 800 or so words.
But hey~~~~ backstories

Also, I love hinting at things obviously. Either through comments, I make on the story, through notes, or through the actual chapter.
If you wanna guess some of my plot points feel free I'll give you a 💘 if you get something somewhat right. I won't tell you if all of it's right tho or what part of it is right. That'd just take the fun out of it 😘 😏

Also, I'm at the stressful very end of my school year so I'll either do the usual writer thing and pause writing, nothing will change, or ill swamp myself to make the stress go away and pray people still like it.
So far it looks like the last option.

💕
Have a great day siblings. Hope you liked.