The Void

The void was silent.

It was a blanket of black that suffocated anyone who came in contact with it.
Inside its barrier everything was quiet. A muffled view of the world.

The void was where people went transporting between dimensions. A silent fall.
The Queen loved when people visited like that. Too bad it was incredibly rare.

The space between the void and the earth was just that. Space.
Galaxies and stars.
Almost as pretty as her Galaxy. Her gorgeous galaxy that used to always call her, now tainted, wings gorgeous.

Did it still love her? After all this time?

A clang of metal broke the Queen's trance.
D*mn these idiots!

Soon the Queen was lifted up out of the void.
Everything was too loud, and cold, and hot. Nothing felt right anymore.

She didn't even feel like she could stand, or talk. The only reason she knew she could is because she has been talking to her galaxy as of late. Only occasionally. Only quiet reassurances.
But the responses she is returned with are always one of gratitude, fear, and love.

The men in brown and green cloaks stepped away before leaving the woman alone in her cage.

She turned her head and was met with a familiar face.
Soft blue eyes, dark brown hair. A boy who has never talked. And who's gorgeous purple wings were torn off.

"Hi baby," the queen greeted the prince.
Who hadn't had the same luck as she had with the void.
His absent wings, black scars, and missing leg were proof of his birth in the void. It had been painful.
And even worse, he didn't see her as his mother.

The glares and harmful babbling was proof of that fact.

He began screaming and pulling at his deep blue confines that only pulled him tighter as he tried.
"Please stop baby, please!" The queen cried out.
The child stopped and glared up at her. A woman who looked just about to break.

Why....
Why did she feel this way every time she looked at the boy?
A reminder.

Why did she wish she had miscarried him every time she sees his mournful and hateful gaze.

Maybe it would have stopped his suffering from the ever-growing growth, a darkness that swallows him whole.

Maybe it would have stopped her own.

Yet somehow.... Regretfully... She felt more love for the boys that weren't her own.

She's a horrible mother.

"My love?" A soft giggle wracked through the air.
A girl in a soft yellow dress spun around to meet a boy she bullied for years on end. Yet, this wasn't the same boy.

This boy had more beads wrapped in his hair, a dark, long haori wrapped around himself protectively. His smile was soft. As soft as it always has been.
He had tan wooden geta on his feet. A shoe she would've thought would slip off his feet the moment he launched into the air.

Yet here he was, just touching down with the shoes on. How he managed to balance like that was astonishing.

He landed on his knees staring at the girl.
He reached out, his hand shaking.
"Kristie...." He whimpered, his hand connected with her cheek.

"Dad!" Someone called.
Someone young but unrecognizable and the older version of Phil snapped his attention to the voice.
"Coming dear!" He called back quickly getting up and taking a few steps away before turning to look back at her.

He blinked at her silently before whispering, "where'd she go?"
"Daaaaad!"
He shook his head and was back in the sky within seconds.
The force sent her hair flying.

The metal cranked once more.
Food sitting in her lap as she was lowered back into her own personal hell.

The only thing keeping her morale high was the soft promise that her galaxy had never stopped loving her. And her new family loved her too.

●●●●

Sitting at a small table a group of 4 huddled.
2 men, 1 woman, 1 non-Binary. (Cuz we respect pronouns in this cult)

The men whispered between one another.
The woman's hands were folded in her lap. The non-Binary was marking in a notebook.

Suddenly, one of the men spoke up, his cloak's hood shifted to show blueish-looking hair.
"Are we sure about this?" He asked.

"I always hated using the children," the second spoke up.
"We wouldn't be using them," the non-binary assured, "they have proven not to be of use anyways."

"So, why are we after the child Avian?" The first man asked warily.
The second grumbled.
"Please don't tell me it's to-" the second huffed.
"Simple! What's the easiest way to get an adult of any species!" The woman cut in.

The men groaned.
"Get ahold of a defenseless child.." The second man grumbled angrily.
"Exactly!" The woman grinned.
The non-binary person dropped the notepad on the table with a heavy thud and stood up.

"And you 2, are gonna get them!" They declared.
The second man stood up so quickly it almost gave the first whiplash watching him.

"No! No way in h*ll!" The second screamed.
The second stared at his hands, they shook in defiance.
"We are not-!" The second screamed his hood fell off his head, brown hair and striking black eyes being exposed to the world.

"Sit down!" A third man walked in.
"What's going on here?" The third man asked entrancing golden eyes barring into the 4 others as the second man flopped back down.

The non-binary handed the notebook they were scratching notes into to the man.
He flipped through it then sighed.
"Getting a nearly extinct origin isn't going to be easy, especially finding a child of said species," the man noted.

They all nodded.
"Only one known clan left," the first man commented, his eyes still focused on his hands.
A smirk spread across the third man's face and he strutted over to the first man. He squatted beside him and placed his hands on the first man's.

The first man's eyes trailed the arms till he met the golden eyes.
"You'd certainly know best, wouldn't you?" The third hummed sweetly.
The first man's eyes shifted to his own cut and unusable patagium. Forcibly removed by hunters. His eyes returned to the golden ones.

"We wouldn't be using them, right?" He asked, sounding almost as if he was going to start sobbing.
"You can't be serious-" the second hissed.
The first's met the second's eyes and they had a mini silent conversation.

One that clearly the shulk lost because he huffed and shut his hood. Thankfully not boxing though. Finally, the Avian's eyes met the Arachnid's.
"We'll listen."

------
Notes:

The void queen sounds incredibly interesting but....

G*d the first section was so boring to write!
I don't want to say exactly what's happening quite yet so I focused primarily on the Queen herself.
Which is literally just her floating in a ghostly, hollow, colorless void with nothing to do except be lift up by the cult you're being held by and wallow on your own self-pity, memories, and hope.
I did much better with the second half!

Short chapter but I tried.
😕