Freak Out

Wilbur was dragging Fundy through the forest with a pep in his step. Fundy looked confused and concerned, glancing back at the rest of the group anxiously.

Phil looked like he was about to explode. A slightly cracked green skulk in his arms and giant murder of crows trailing behind his every step in a very messy single file line.
More like a double to triple file line but... Ok.

All of them bobbed to a song that the lot of them were squawking.
Suddenly the man spun around.
"Can you pleeeaase stop screaming Carameldancen!" He snapped.
It was preceded by silence from the crows.

One squawked and he straightened out.
"That's it! You're all grounded!" He declared.
The murder cawed and squawked in protest. Multiple pecked at the poor soul who had squawked.

"Nope. You want to complain, complain to your mother," Phil declared spinning around and continuing forward.
Sorrowfully, the birds followed after.

"Dad?" Wilbur paused, his grip loosening around the Renard's wrist.
"Yes, William?" Phil responded.
Wilbur's eyes grew wide.
"Nevermind..." He quickly turned away, a terrified look in his eyes.
"Will, dear," Phil hummed.
"Yes?" Wilbur responded carefully.
"Let the poor boy go, you're going to cut off his circulation," Phil declared.

Wilbur quickly dropped the fox's wrist.
Said fox took the opportunity to rush back to Charlie.

"Slimecicle," he hurriedly said.
Charlie drew his eyes away from the trees lining their path.
"Do you remember where we left Smajor?" Charlie asked.
Fundy's heart sank and he sighed heavily.
"I thought you'd know," Fundy whimpered his tail flicking before tucking low.

"G*d, it's almost night too. He's probably going to think we abandoned him," Charlie whimpered.
"We've been gone for 3 days, he's probably already moved away from his spot," Fundy reasoned, mostly with himself, and Charlie slumped.

"I guess," Charlie agreed.

(He hadn't moved from the spot they left him in until 2 babies came up to his doorstep to declare they were dying)

A crow pecked at Fundy's shoe and flew up to his shoulder.
It squawked far too quietly for a bird.
Fundy wished he could understand it but....
Considering Phil's irritation he decided it was better he couldn't. Still, he wanted to know what it had whispered to him.

Or at least tried to whisper.
Once that crow whispered it was immediately echoed by the rest of the murder and he was swamped by a bunch of black clumps of feathers.
Phil whistled, quite loudly actually, and announced, "Leave the fledgling alone, you're still grounded you know!"

●●●●

Everything was muffled. Everything was dark.
His back hurt like Hell welcomed God down and told him to renovate and he filled it with simple creations humans have made that's supposed to make things more convenient but none of it works.....
Bad analogy.

Anyways his back hurt. Sharp pains, generally unwelcome, shooting through his back in his dormant state.
He tried to push against the walls of his doom.
He wasn't in danger anymore, he could feel the soft warmth of love encompassing part of his shell.

Earlier, when someone had said "Tommy" he was able to muster up enough strength to crack his dome. But that just ended with an uncomfortable light in his eye.

He. Wanted. OUT!

He sat in the dark for far too long, having enough courage to fall asleep with the love encompassing him.
The crack was now dimmed by a thin paper-like substance. The inside coating of the shell. Soon it would repair itself but that's not what the Shulk wanted.