Chapter 29 - Regrets and Hangovers

Bakugou woke the next morning with the sunrise and the sounds of birds.

It was the gentlest he'd ever slept, but when he came to, he went into an immediate panic at realizing where he was.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. 

He shot up, a sudden pain shooting through his back from the sleeping position he'd been in all night. To his left, Y/N was sleeping softly, still in that black dress from the night before. Guilt started building in his gut. Why had he let her kiss him? It was wrong. She was drunk. She may have not even known it was him. And why in the hell did he think it was okay to spend the night in her room?

Bakugou had to get out of there as soon as possible. 

Quietly, as not to disturb the sleeping beauty next to him, he climbed up and softly stepped to the door. As gently as he could he turned the knob and slipped out. He closed it behind him and started walking down the hall, but stopped dead in his tracks when he looked up.

Kirishima was at the other end of the hall, jaw dropped and eyes wide. "No fucking way--" he started, but Bakugou waved his arms frantically to shush him.

He dashed over to his friend and grabbed his shirt. "Tell anyone and your dead. Nothing happened. We didn't do anything, she was drunk, I was just taking her home. I didn't-- I wouldn't--" 

Kirishima didn't respond, pure shock on his face as Bakugou shook him around. Then, Kirishima started cackling. "Holy shit. Katsuki Bakugou has a crush. Never in my days did I ever think I'd see this!" His volume was getting higher, so Bakugou slammed his hand over Kirishima's mouth to silence him.

"Listen, nothing happened! Y/N just got wasted last night, and she couldn't walk. I couldn't just fucking leave her there. I do not have a crush." 

Kirishima squinted at him, giving him a look as he pushed Bakugou's hand away. "I knew you were a hothead, but I didn't think you were an idiot, too."

Bakugou bristled at the insult. "The fuck are you talking about?"

"You're so dense you don't even realize you like her. You took her home, slept in her room, and still don't think you've got feelings for that girl?"

Katsuki glared at his friend, but couldn't think of a single thing to say. His mind was racing. Everything was happening too quickly for him to feel in control and he despised the feeling. "I don't," he said, but even as the words left his mouth, he knew it was a lie. 

Kirishima shook his head, but not in anger. He looked... disappointed. For some reason, that was worse. "Whatever, man," he sighed. "As long as it was consensual. If it wasn't, I will kill you."

"I would never! Jesus Christ!" Bakugou snapped. 

"I know, I know. Just making sure," Eijirou reassured, raising his hands in surrender. "But if you need to talk or anything, I'm here man. Love you bro." He patted Katsuki on the back as he continued to walk down the hallway to the common room.

"She kissed me," Bakugou blurted. 

Kirishima turned around to look at him, but Bakugou couldn't read his facial expression. He was always bad at reading people's body language. 

"I...I kissed her back. But I stopped. I didn't want to do shit if she was drunk, but I--" He wasn't expecting the words to come out of his mouth, but God, it felt good to say something. "I think I fucked up. I shouldn't have let her kiss me." He rubbed his head in frustration.

Kirishima stilled for a moment, thinking. "I don't think you need to worry, man." He cocked his head to the side. "I mean... nothing happened. You stopped anything from happening."