Chapter 79 - Secret Plans

"That's the only plane coming straight from Japan," Aizawa said, pointing to the small blip on the radar. "That's her."

"Are you positive, sir? We don't want to arrange for an ambush if--"

"That's the one. Get everyone ready." He wrapped the ends of his scarf around his hands and left the room before the communications officer had the chance to speak again.

Aizawa knew that plane. It belonged to the Yoarashi's.

~~~

"We want to help!" Kirishima demanded. "She's our friend, we can't just... stand around and wait!"

"You can and you will. I will not have any more of my students put in harms way," Aizawa demanded.

Bakugou seethed, a terrifying glare directed at his teacher. "You can't fucking stop me."

Aizawa turned to him with a look that was equally as menacing. "Bakugou, you will stay here. The plan is in place and you will not interfere unless you want your license taken away."

Bakugou snorted before storming towards the door, but Aizawa's scarf zipped towards him and wrapped around his body, keeping him in place. Bakugou tried to lift his hands to use his quirk but Aizawa's eyes glowed red and his hair swirled above his head.

The blonde yelled in anger and thrashed in the restraints. "Let me go, asshole! I'm coming with!"

"We all are," Kirishima said, stepping forward. "We're adults now with our own hero licenses. We have every right to go after our friend."

Aizawa paused and turned to look at his students. Every one of them had looks of determination-- this was a fight he wasn't going to win. If he said no, they would go against his orders just like they'd done dozens of times before; They had already gone against his wishes in flying to Rhode Island with him.

The scarf released Bakugou and wrapped around Aizawa's neck again as he sighed. They never made it easy for him.

"You will follow the plan. Any deviation will be met with severe consequences. Is that clear?"

"Yes sir!" The students yelled in unison.

Bakugou just stared at his teacher, not saying anything. His fists dangled at his sides. Aizawa peered over his shoulder and made eye contact with him. "Bakugou, I need your word."

Katsuki didn't move. The hesitation was apparent to everybody. What if the plan didn't work?

He said what Aizawa wanted to hear. "I'll follow the plan."

Unless something goes wrong.

~~~

After Inasa had "convinced" Y/N not to fight, they had separated the two of them. Y/N was no longer in restraints. There was no point for them, really-- She couldn't take all of the Yoarashi's men in hand-to-hand, and even if she tried, she would just be restrained again. Escaping wasn't an option either. Without her quirk, she would plummet out of the plane to her death.

She sat in a window seat, her legs up on the arm rest as she watched out the glass, her head feeling rather numb. The crying had only made her headache worse-- well, everything made it worse. Every blink sent a shot of pain to her head and no matter how she moved it made her feel sick. Her cheeks were sticky with tears and blood.

Inasa's aunt (whos name was Clara, she'd learned) sat in the isle across from her, prattling on about how wonderful Rhode Island was going to be as she did her makeup.

"We've got some lovely property there. You and Inasa will live there for free, of course-- and you can use our family name to get pretty much any job you'd like. The staff at the home is amazing as well..."

Y/N wasn't listening. She didn't have the energy for it. The pain from her head was reaching irregular heights and the possibilities of what it meant were getting worrisome.

"We aren't crazy, you know."

Y/N scoffed before turning to Clara. "Funny."

"You can backtalk all you'd like, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a very normal occurrence."

"Kidnapping women?"

"Quirk marriages," Clara corrected with an annoyed look. "Quirk marriages are on the rise again."

"Consensual or nonconsensual ones?" Y/N deadpanned. "Cause I'm pretty sure this shit is definitely illegal."

"In America all that's necessary is written consent from both parties, which we will have. We have an appointment at the courthouse when we arrive where you and Inasa will sign."

Yeah, not happening, Y/N thought to herself. But at this point is was easier to pretend she was onboard and make her escape later.

She'd already formulated several plans in her head, but none of them would be executable until they were on solid ground. The anticipation was making her hands shake but she rehearsed the most plausible ones so many times that she knew them by heart.

For now, it was time to play the part. This woman seemed to be falling for it, to Y/N's luck-- even though Y/N was a pretty shit actor.

"So... what kind of abilities will our children have?" Y/N said. She had to hold back a gag as the words left her lips. "You mentioned something about... excess power."

Clara closed her lipstick and dropped it into her purse before pulling out a brush to run through her hair. "It's quite simple, really. Think of the power that you and Inasa have at your highest potentials. You, for example, Inasa has been able to create tornados-- large scale with a big distance. Your quirk is concentrated, powerful gusts. Your children will have both of those abilities as well as combined power."

The hair on the back of Y/N's neck stood up at the thought. It was disgusting, of course, and the image of someone with that much raw power in the hands of the Yoarashi's made her skin crawl-- but a quirk of that scale would be unstoppable. It could control weather, destroy cities, kill thousands.

She tried not to think about how Clara knew so much about her quirk.

"Do you and your husband have kids?"

The question achieved two things-- 1, learning what she was up against, and 2, faking interest in the situation. Clara fell for it yet again.

"Oh yes. My sons are waiting for us at our landing pad. You'll get to meet them soon... in fact, I believe we're landing in a minute. Put your seatbelt on, dear."

On the ground, Bakugou watched the plane begin its descent, shaking with rage and anticipation.