The Daisies

I walked out back to Sam and wiggled the bottles and yelled "let's goooo!" He jumped up and we ran to the roof giggling. We had our own living area shed there, complete with a couch and tv. If the rest of the team knew about it, they didn't make it known.

We flipped down on the couch and I threw my legs over his lap and he poured us shots. Two for each of us. "For each shot either of us takes, you tell me what the hell is going on? First Bucky is missing for the night, and I checked everywhere but your room," he raised an eyebrow. "Then Loki. And then a date with Steve? I'm starting to feel left out, bug." Sam pushed out his bottom lip and I laughed.

After throwing back a shot I started from the beginning. "I slept with Bucky. And now he hates me."

Sam pushed another shot my way and nodded, letting me continue my spiral, leaving out the fake part of Loki offering to be my boyfriend. Occasionally taking a shot but pushing one my way for each one he took.

It wasn't long before we were caught up, and extremely wasted. We ended up laying on the couch, my head on his chest and my right side hanging over him. He played with my hair as we laid there.

I burped. "Thank you for telling Steve about the daisies by the way. So sweet. They're so pretty... I trailed off.

Sam looked at me, confused. "What daisies?"

"Steve. Got me daisies for the date thing. He said a birdie told him-t-told him they were my favorite. You're a bird."

"If I'm a bird you're a bird!" He exclaimed.  "The Notebook!"

"Yes!" I sat up to look at him. "Let's watch." After a few tries, Jarvis understood us enough to put it on.

After a few minutes Sam says, "I thought your favorite flower was roses." I just lay my head back on his chest and relax, wondering who could be a bird.

*authors note*
This section is short but I just really love Sam as a best friend, what do you think?