The Date

*Y/N'S POV*

"Sam?" I walked into our hideout. My date with Loki was coming up and I wanted to do a shot with him for my nerves. I placed the alcohol and glasses on the table. "Fuck it." I mumbled as I poured myself a shot and threw it back. I sat back on the couch and groaned.

"You okay, doll?" A voice from the doorway asked.

I jumped and was in a fighting stance immediately. I relaxed once I saw who it was. "Bucky, what the fuck! So much for secret hideout." I mumbled the last part and slumped back onto the couch.

He smirked. "I'd hardly call it a secret. Everyone knows about it. But we agreed to let you and Sam have your space so you two can stop getting drunk every where else around the house, blasting music, and quite frankly, being a mess."

I rolled my eyes. "Well nice of you to ruin it. Did you need something?"

"We never talked about your date with Steve."

"Well it was a failure, I appreciate the gesture but I think I'll take responsibility for my dating life back, thank you."

Bucky walked over and sat next to me. "Steve a bad kisser? I knew it. You can only teach them so much, that's where I draw the line."

I laughed, "I wouldn't know. We never got that far before we realized we were only friends. Like I told you. He did remind me of the drunken karaoke night where you put me to bed, so thank you, Buck." I nudged him.

He nudged me back and was quiet for a moment. "Oh you mean the night you were a stripper!" He burst out laughing. "I totally forgot, wow. What a night."

I crossed my arms and threw myself back on the couch ignoring him.

"Oh come on, doll. It was funny." I refused to look at him and he put his hand on my thigh. I immediately felt warmth over my whole body as I wished for more, for him closer. "So now that you're in charge of your romances again...what's going on with that?"

I bit my lip. "I'm going on a date with Loki, I know you don't approve but-"

He stood up. "Of course I don't! You shouldn't either! It's Loki, Y/N."

I sat up but stayed on the couch. "You don't know him."

Bucky rolled his eyes and got in front of me so I had to look up to him. "You don't either, that's the point. God of Mischief, Y/N. No one knows him. Or his intentions. But I can guarantee they aren't good."

"Well apparently good doesn't want me, now does it?" I snapped back. He hesitated, then grabbed my hands and pulled me up. We stood chest to chest and I could his feel his breathe on me. I stared at his lips longingly. He started to lean into me and then we heard the door and jumped back.

"There you are, my darling." Loki walked towards us, with no emotion showing. If he was upset, I wouldn't have guessed.

I moved myself further from Bucky and pointed to the shot glasses. "I was looking for Sam, I was a little nervous about today." I looked down and heard Loki chuckle.

"Doesn't look like you found him, love." He tilted his head at me questioningly, and I replayed what just happened in my head for him. He nodded. I saw Bucky look between us, confused. "There's a car ready for us, if you need another drink it can wait, however." I shook my head and walked towards him.

"Wait. Car? Loki can't leave the tower." Bucky insisted, looking directly at me and speaking as if Loki was not there.

I stopped after taking Loki's hand, "he can now. The team took it to a vote during breakfast this morning. Everyone said yes."

"Everyone?"

I knew he was asking about Steve. "Everyone. Have a good night, James."

*BUCKY'S POV*

She took Loki's hand before responding to me. "He can now. The team took it to a vote during breakfast this morning. Everyone said yes."

"Everyone?" No way Steve said yes to this, he wouldn't do that.

She locked eyes with me, knowing that what I meant. "Everyone. Have a good night, James." James. She never called me that. It hurt, more than I could have expected.

I stared after them as they left. What just happened? I had convinced myself that they were just having a platonic sleepover, like she does with Steve, or Sam. Or even just a fling and he would leave. I clenched my jaw at the thought. But a date? And the way they communicated without talking.. I know he reads minds, but she doesn't. And yet they both knew.

I had to find Steve. I walked into the sitting area and he was alone, watching tv. "Hey, Buck. Did you want to-"

"You voted to let Loki go out." I said as a statement, not a question.

Steve sighed and paused the show. "Yes."

"Why?" My voice broke a little. I can't believe he would do this.

"The whole team voted, Buck. Except you, since you've been avoiding us. Even if I voted no, it would have happened anyway. Then I would have had to explain why I said no. While I think I definitely should have, it's not my explanation to tell now is it?" Steve said calmly. He thought this through. I guess I didn't.

I threw myself on the couch next to him. "Where are they going?"

He shrugged, "No idea. Loki said he wanted to surprise her and she took responsibility for him. They promised to be home for dinner, though."

That was only a few hours from now. I could handle that. I think. Steve placed his hand on my shoulder and I sighed.

I looked at him and chuckled, "Man, you took her on a date and didn't even kiss her?"

Laughing, he removed his hand. "Nah, couldn't kiss my best friend's girl." He looked at me briefly before pressing play on his show.

We sat and watched without talking until Loki and Y/N returned two hours later, her holding a handful of tulips. Natasha asked her about the date and Y/N beamed telling her about the tulip farm he took her to.

Tulips. I scoffed. Shows how well he knows her. I hadn't realized I made a noise until I looked up and everyone was looking at me. I shrugged and moved off the couch. "I'm going for a run. I'll be back for dinner." I walked out.

By the time I came back and showered, everyone was at the table. I sat down at the only empty spot, next to Steve and Clint. Across from Y/N, who was next to Loki and Wanda. I grabbed a slice of pizza and started to pull up my sleeves. I looked up and saw Y/N looking at me, I pulled my sleeves back down and ate, staring at the plate in front of me until Tony stood.

"So as we all know, Wanda officially completed her third mission, which makes her an official Avenger. And you all know what that means." Multiple groans came from the table. "Yes, yes. A party! I know, I'm excited too. Saturday, 9PM. And dress up, people. You look like slobs." Tony finished and sat back down. Everyone began discussing the party and I stared at my plate some more.

Steve nudged me and I looked up. "Party could be fun, huh?" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not drinking anything Thor gives me this time." I say, casually and I see Y/N flinch out of the side of my view. Crap, that came out bad. Shortly after, she excused herself from the table, put her plate in the dishwasher, then made her way to her room. Loki went to stand, but Sam beat him to it.

"I got it, we have to pick outfits for Saturday anyway." He winked at Loki. Loki responded with a smirk and immediately went into conversation with Thor, while my mind wandered thinking about Y/N and how she looked at the last party... Remembering sliding my hand up the dress... And all that followed. I sighed and looked up to see Loki staring at me. Shit. Mind reader.

I made eye contact and focused on the thought "she can't know. It will only hurt her, keep your mouth shut." He nodded in response. Huh. That was easier than I thought.