The Transfer

*Y/N'S POV*

Months had gone by and Loki wasn't staying with us anymore. He had gone home with Thor, but he still made sure to come visit every Saturday for our date. It was the highlight of my week, he never expected anything of me, we could be content watching a movie and not speaking. We did very little speaking most of the time. Once Sunday morning came around, he'd leave again. Promising to be back for our next date.

When I told him that he could come whenever, that Saturday's didn't need to be our date days anymore he just replied, "The arrangement was until you made a decision. You haven't, so here we are." The making a decision point of the arrangement seemed pointless all things considered, but I couldn't bring myself to say "I choose you." So we stayed in this happy little purgatory until he asked for more.

Bucky and I could finally be in a room together. We still didn't speak, purposely avoiding each other's eyes, staying as far away from each other as possible. We hadn't been on a mission together, I'm sure that was Tony's doing, until now. Jarvis called us all to the meeting area, Steve started talking about our mission. It was Steve, Bucky, Sam, Tony, and I. We got our assignments and Steve told us we'd be leaving in the morning. I walked back to my room to get packed.

Coming out of my room, I made my way to the kitchen when I heard Bucky and Steve talking. I stopped to listen.

"Steve, there's no way she can come with us on this mission. It's too dangerous."

"She's done way worse with us, Buck." Steve seemed already over this conversation.

"That was before... There's no trust here anymore, it's dangerous."

Steve started to talk but I had enough. I walked out and before anyone could say anything I crossed my arms and stared firmly. "No, he's right Steve. There isn't any trust. It would only be a danger to everyone out there. We can't be on a team together, we don't even speak. Don't worry, I'll request a transfer."

Steve walked towards me and grabbed my arm. "We don't want you to leave, Y/N. You're a part of this team."

"Please. We all know that if it came down to it, you'd chose Bucky over anyone. I get it, there's no reason to act like it's any different than it is. I'll request a transfer and hopefully be gone by the time you get back. It was nice working with you, Captain." I turned and left before anyone else could speak. Back in my room, instead of packing for a weekend, I packed everything I could fit in my bags. I'm sure Tony would pay to get anything I left behind sent to me. God, how am I going to tell Tony? And Sam. My heart broke thinking about how I'd have to leave him, all because fucking Bucky. I threw my bag against my night stand and it fell over.

After a while I walked over to clean up the mess, and saw the tampons that fell out of the nightstand. I started to put those in my bag too and realized I hadn't bought tampons in the last few months. How old were these? When was....

Oh no. No no no. I grabbed my wallet, sunglasses, and a hoodie and ran out the door. Sam stopped me on the way, "Y/N! Wait! What's going on?"

"Not now, Sam!" I snapped back. He just stood there watching me as I took off out the doors. I threw on the sunglasses and hoodie to disguise myself as much as possible and walked to the closest pharmacy. Right to the family planning section, I paid at the register and then ran back home. Straight back into my room, ignoring anyone who called my name, I locked my bedroom door and peed on the pink stick. I set it down and set the timer on my phone. Two minutes later I checked.

Pregnant +