The Final Chapter

As the months went by, Bucky never missed an appointment. Everything was progressing perfectly, and today we were going to find out the gender. Bucky and I decided to figure it out with the rest of the team, so Dr. Gray put it in the envelope for us. We rode the whole way home and I stared at the envelope. Bucky grabbed my hand and squeezed, smiling at me but not speaking. When we got back, everyone was waiting.

Tony was the first to get up and walk to me. He took the envelope. "Okay enough with the dramatics, let's find out already!" He opened the envelope and his face broke into a huge smile. "It's a boy."

"A boy?!" Everyone shouted and jumped up.

With tears in my eyes I wrapped my arms around Bucky's neck and pulled him in for a big kiss. His arms tightly wrapped around my waist. He pulled away and I whispered "we're having a boy, Buck."

His hands went down to my stomach and the baby chose that moment to kick. "That's my boy..." he muttered. And I kissed him again. "I love you, I love you both." He sighed as he was pulling away and kissed my forehead. I pressed my head into his chest.

Later in the day Bucky and I were on the couch watching tv, his hands lightly grazing mine, fingers barely touching. "I have an idea." He whispered. I looked up at him. "The baby, our baby, his name. I was thinking Nathan... Nathan Loki..."

My voice cracked. "As in my father..." Bucky nodded. I smiled. "Nathan Loki Barnes. I love it."

His face lit up. "Barnes?"

"Of course. What did you expect?"

Bucky grabbed my face and kissed me. "I love you, Y/N."

I took a deep breath. "I love you too, Buck." He pulled me on top of him and I kissed him deeply.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Okay, Y/N. You're going to start pushing with every contraction now. Are you ready?"

"No, no I'm not. But I doubt he cares." I chuckled and Bucky squeezed my hand.

"You got this, doll."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Can we come in yet?" Natasha's head poked through the doorway and I could see the whole team behind her.

"Yeah, you can come in." Bucky answered, not looking away from the small bundled baby in his arms. I insisted on the two of them also doing skin to skin bonding, after I had done it. Baby Nathan seemed completely unfazed by Bucky's metal arm. I watched Bucky take a sigh of relief when he hadn't cried at the feel.

Everyone gathered around to look at the baby. There were many oohs and ahs, look how cutes, when is it my turns.

Tony was the first to walk over to me. "How you feeling, kid?" He brushed the hair out of my face.

Bucky had handed the baby to Steve and walked over climbing on the bed with me. "You should've seen her. She was amazing, the whole time." He kissed my cheek.

"Well, duh, she's a badass. She's an avenger you know." Nat walked over smiling at me.

Steve laughed, holding Nathan. "And now we have a whole new generation of bad ass with us."

I gasped. "Cap! Language!"

We all laughed, and Steve rolled his eyes. Bucky squeezed my hand before whispering, "Loki would be so happy right now."

"Yeah, I know... Thank you, Bucky. I know this isn't the most typical situation... But I'm... happy. Happier than I thought I would ever be again after losing him."

He kissed my forehead and I snuggled up next to him. We watched as our family swooned over Nathan, realizing how lucky we are. How lucky I was to have the God of Mischief walk into my life.

THE END

The God of Fake Boyfriendsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें