The Do Not Disturb

*Y/N'S POV*

Bucky just sang to me. My god. I didn't understand why, do I know this song? I stared at him trying to understand and then it clicked. "Daisies. You're the birdie. You told Steve about daisies?" He didn't speak, just nod. "How did you know?"

He just sighed at me. "You told me. That night." He stopped as if that really answered my question. A few long moments later I gasped as I realized what he was saying. I stepped away from him.

"You remember?" Again, he nodded instead of speaking. "But you still pretended you didn't? Was I really that awful? That you'd rather act like nothing happened?" I cannot believe this. Am I really that bad? Does he hate me that much? This is the most hoops any guy has gone through to reject me. Forget ghosting, we got fake amnesia over here.

"No, Y/N let me explain."

"No. I'm done, James. This is done." I pushed away from him and walked away. I was approaching my room and yelled "Jarvis. Please activate Do Not Disturb." I slammed my door behind me.

"Absolutely Miss Y/N. Who should I authorize to override?"

"No one." I sighed. "Sorry, Jarvis. Can you authorize Sam?"

"Certainly, Miss Y/N."

I quickly unzipped my dress, feeling completely stupid for wanting to impress Bucky in this ridiculous over the top dress. I tossed the dress across the room and collapsed on the bed.

*BUCKY'S POV*

I didn't move. Couldn't move. Just stared after her as she left. Tony had cut the music off and everyone was looking at me. Shocked at how tremendously I screwed that up. There was suddenly a strong grip on my arm that attempted to spin me around. I yanked my arm free. "What the fuck!"

"You tell me! I leave Y/N with you and somehow she ends up running away in tears! And Jarvis won't open her door, the entire door knob is gone." Loki practically hissed the last part to me.

I nodded, "She put on do not disturb. Only whoever she authorizes can come in. If she said anyone. She won't even hear you knock. The room goes completely sound proof."

Loki's eyes shot daggers into mine. "How do I fix it?"

At that moment, Tony walked up to us. "Jarvis, did Y/N authorize anyone to override?"

"Just Sam, sir."

"On it." Sam walked up, grabbed the first six pack he saw, took his jacket off and threw it on the bar stool as he passed. He stood outside her door and it opened.

"Buck. What happened?" Steve looked at me. I haven't seen that look since he found me.

I sat myself on the ground and put my head in my hands. "I fucked up, Steve. I really, really fucked this all up."

He sat down next to me and put his arm around me. He waited until I was ready to explain. I took a deep breathe before explaining everything. How I responded to that night, how I acted after. The dress shopping, the cafe. And even our conversation now. I finished and the room was silent.

I looked at Loki and spoke to him directly, "I guess that means you won."

"Victory by default hardly counts as winning." He scoffed.

"You're not...happy? Or angry with me?"

Loki smirked. "Oh I'm currently picturing taking a knife to your throat for hurting her. But I can tell that you're punishing yourself enough. And well frankly, hurting you would hurt her. I'd avoid that at all costs."

"Hold up. You love her too?" Tony asked. "Anyone else? Cap? Thor? Clint? You wanna confess your love for Y/N tonight?"

They chuckled and Natasha scoffed "what about me? Or Wanda? We could love her too you know?"

Tony smiled and opened his mouth to speak but Natasha cut him off. "Whatever you're about to say, just don't."

I suddenly turned to Wanda. "Oh hell... this was your party. I'm so sorry, all of this is because of me."

Wanda smiled sweetly in return "its okay, Bucky. I know how you feel about each other."

At that, Loki put his hand out to help me up. I looked at him confused. "Well, we don't particularly have all night, do we? Get up." He took his hand back and put his hands on his hips.

"Loki, what are you talking about?" I asked as I stood up next to him.

"If it comes to it, she will choose you." Before I could ask how he knew that, he sighed and pointed at his head. "I read minds, soldier. And you're on hers much more than I'd like to admit. Regardless of the situation. She has been having small flashbacks of that night since. It hasn't been an easy situation for her, but she truly believes you hate her. That you find her repulsive."

"What do I do?"

Loki goes to sit on the couch, "Unless Stark can override this do not disturb feature, we wait until she or Sam comes out."

"I hate to admit this, but she may be better off with you."

"Oh, how I'd love to agree with you. But she would be better off with the man she loves. She wants that to be me. It's not."