3: suspicions

Draco pov:
Something was up with y/n, most people don't hide themselves away after beating someone up, plus she was crying and injured after it, and she flinched when both me and Snape came near her. She never flinched when Avery was with her, and I know they're best friends but me and y/n had gotten familiar seeing and briefly talking to eachother every morning in the common room. After Snape took her she never came back, this was expected but for some reason I started worrying since she never came to breakfast or lunch today or yesterday either. She must be starving. When we arrived in the common room y/n was there on the sofa with her knees up reading, like every other time.
Blaise: "so what's the damage?"
Y/n: "huh, oh hey, Snape gave me three weeks detention"
Avery: "WHAT! this is outrageous why didn't you expl-" she was cut of with a very suggestive glare from y/n, almost pleading. Avery instead just looked sorrowfully at her and rubbed her shoulder passing to go to her room. Once again y/n didn't flinch, then Blaise started coming near her and although she didn't flinch I could tell she tensed up, the grip on her book tightened, yet she gave a believable smile, if I didn't see her hands griping onto that book like her life depended on it I would've believed her smile. So... She has an issue with men coming near her but it's fine with women... What the hell happened? I didn't realize I was staring angrily at y/n whilst in my thoughts of why she got so spooked.

It was Thursday, y/n had lunch detention every day, she was still more reclusive, and still occasionally tensed up when any man came close to her. I don't know why but I hated knowing that there was a truth waiting to reveal itself. So after dinner, just before curfew I made my way to the Ravenclaw dorms. Luckily for me not so luckily for him, there was a second year walking by.
Draco: "hey you!"
Boy: "wha- d-draco Malfoy uh s-sir"
Draco: "bring me Tate Sander or else" it was an understatement to say I intimidated most students in the years below me and most in my year too, so the kid quickly went and soon Tate appeared before me.
Tate: "the fuck? What do you want Malfoy"
Draco: "that's no way to speak to your senior is it" I used a spell to bring him closer to me. "Let's go for a walk" I walked down a small corridor with him unwillingly trailing behind and shouting at me. "Now what really happened between you and Beaux"
Tate: "she attacked me like the crazy bitch she is, that's what happened"
Draco: "you don't seem to motivated to speak truthfully, maybe I'll give you an incentive" I muttered a few words and the spell holding him squeezed him harder. "Now I can hear the truth or I can hear breaking bones" he struggled and shouted a string of profanities at me to which I increased the hold in response
Tate: "fine fine, I just wanted to have a little fun with her now put me down" but I only increased the hold still
Draco: "don't beat around the bush. what. did. you. do."
Tate: "Itriedtorapeher!" He spoke quickly inbetween cries of pain. Suddenly more rage was surging through me that I ever expected. I tightened the spell once more before dropping him to the ground and punching his head into the ground a couple times for good measure.

Seeing him unconscious I walked back to the dorms with my fists in a ball. When I arrived at the common room there were few people and I spotted y/n in the corner. I walked towards her the deathly anger still visible in my eyes and... Hugged her. She was completely tensed up and I heard he breath hitch too, after a few seconds she began to relax a little.
Draco: "I punched that bastards face in, he won't ever get near you again" she tensed back up when I said that realising I must know the truth of the event, and for some reason I have the urge to comfort her, I pulled away and looked into her eyes. But then a squeaky voice had to go ruin it
Pansy: "Drakey!... What are you doing with her" putting a disgusted tone on 'her'. She came towards me and hugged my arm desperately pushing y/n away in the process. I could see y/n's face drop when Pansy did that, and I hated it so before realising my actions I shoved Pansy away harshly and said
Draco: "stop clinging onto me, I'm not your boyfriend nor will I ever be so fuck off" pansy stood there with her mouth slightly agape before turning around in a huff. I watched her leave and noticed Blaise and Avery standing behind me.
Blaise: "well that was dramatic, about time though Draco, he smirked and eyed y/n suggestively.
Avery: "were you two having a moment" she smirked at glanced between us
Blaise: "Draco falling for the girl who beat up-"
Draco: "that's not what fucking happened!" Everyone was shocked by my outburst y/n included and I felt her grip pulling my sleeve begging me to not talk.
Draco: "no y/n I can't not say a single fucking thing, it's wrong you getting punished when he was the one who tried to rape you!"
Blaise: "he what! oh-hoho he's dead"
Draco: "I already beat him up again"
Blaise: "a third time can't hurt... Well it will but not more than he deserves"
Y/n: "no stop! I don't want anyone else to find out about this! I hate it! I hate myself!" She turned around and dashed up to my room.
Avery: "y/n wait!" But she was already gone