16: game

Draco and me walked to the great hall. Everyone was talking normally so I assume Blaise didn't tell anyone else what just happened. I sat down and looked at the different things on the table deliberating which I could stomach. Then a bowl of fruit salad landed in a space in front of me. Blaise moved it for me but didn't stare at me and just carried on his conversation with Theo. I spooned some into my bowl and as I put a wedge of watermelon in my mouth someone spoke up on my left.
Faith: "ready for the game today y/n?"
Y/n: "yeah I'm so excited, hopefully I actually get the snitch this time" Draco who was listening to this conversation gave me a worried look then whispered in my ear.
Draco: "your too weak doll, I'm afraid you'll get hurt." Then I whisper back to him
Y/n: "I'll be fine dr-daddy, I'm not missing the game"
Draco: "fine but have this" he put a slice of brown seeded bread on my plate "you don't have to eat it all but have some more fibre and energy"
Y/n: "hmm only if you make it toast"
Draco: "your wish is my command" he kissed my temple and did a spell and the bread instantly turned to perfectly golden brown toast. I ate all the crust and most of the middle bit, and Draco's hand on my thigh under the table was the comfort I needed not to feel guilty.

Lessons were unusually quiet. I barely got looked at from the class, I guess I was still adjusting to Victoria and Stephanie being gone. After school I went straight to the quidditch field and for the first time, thanks to Narcissa taking my scars away, got changed with the team in the changing rooms.
Jem: "firecracker's here! Whoo full house let's beat those Ravenclaws!"
Y/n: "firecracker?"
Rosa: "because your dangerous"
Nat: "but also tiny" she come up to me and ruffles my hair. Natalie is 5 10 and I'm barely 5ft which makes her tower over me like a literal skyscraper.
Faith: "right everyone, raven claws are no Hufflepuff but they're no Slytherins either. As long as we focus and cover our positions we'll easily win. Rosa your link is morolake and your second is Eliza. Nat and Christina use eachother to get rebounds from defence centre field. I'll send them to you" I stood there listening but not understanding any of what she just said and being glad my name was not mentioned "hahaha don't worry y/n, keep your eyes on that snitch and anyone who gets too close, knock them out the sky"
All: "yes cap!"
Jem: "let's go shoot some birds!!"

It was halfway through the match and it was closer than expected because right at the start the opposition did a double attack to take Christina out and she was our keeper, faith took her place but she is less agile and it also meant our defence was weaker because Eliza moved more center field to help defend but she's better and short, fast, accurate not long chases. The whole game I hadn't seen the snitch so instead I stayed zoned in on their seeker in case they spotted it. Then suddenly a fleeting glint of gold whizzed past me. Instantly I set of chasing it. Thanks to practice I'd gotten quite proficient and following the snitch and since I was already on its tail I got closer quickly. Slaloming the stands and towers I gained on the elusive gold sphere. I was reaching out completely focused on the snitch, and consequently didn't see the bludger coming towards my face until it was right next to me. I moved my hands to protect my head and suddenly was slammed into a tower, but when I opened my eyes I saw Nat instead.
Nat: "better me than you little one. That hit did nothing to me. You good?" I nodded despite the searing pain in my ribs "then go get that snitch" Morolake took out their seeker earlier so you got no competition now. Go!" I dashed off flying as fast as I could to catch up to the snitch that was almost out of my sight. It did multiple darts moving everywhere the suddenly a tight turn. The pressure I had to put on my ribs turning was terrible but I knew that I had an opportunity for about 5 seconds now to get the snitch before it goes crazy again. Ignoring the pain I pushed myself as much as I could until I was right behind the snitch. I leaned forward on my broom, a figure came towards me from my side but was swatted away by Eliza the snitch was at my fingertips when a broom appeared in from of my and knocked me off flying forwards I was falling and bracing to hit the hard ground but was caught.
Rosa: "gotcha firecracker"
Y/n: "hehe thanks. I got the snitch" I opened up my fisted hand and the golden ball was in there. Rosa called out to everyone.
Rosa: "SHE GOT THE SNITCH!!!!" I held up the thing between my fingers so everyone could see and cheered erupted from Slytherins like a cult cheer. The other houses except Ravenclaw clapped for us too and the team came towards me and Rosa on one broom forcing us into the centre of a group huddle.
Y/n: "ow ow okay don't squish me"
Rosa: "you hurt?" She lifted me up off her broom like it was nothing and checked me for injuries
Y/n: "it's nothing much, Nat saved me from getting knocked out by a bludger but we crashed into a tower and I bruised my side a bit" I was lifted off Rosa's broom and sat onto another.
Morolake: "let me see" she lifted up the side of my top slightly and there was a growing red mark "doesn't look broken, you'll be fine" she obviously ignored the protrusion of my ribs and I was endlessly grateful. We flew back down to the changing rooms serenaded with cheers and applause. All the team started getting dressed but I went to the first aid person on standby here and got some cream for my my bruises. When I got back everyone else was finished changing and we had a quick meeting before another team hug and said goodbye to eachother. I went to my locker to get changed. I pulled the sports top over my head and slid off the skort I span around when I heard the door squeaking. There was Draco staring shamelessly at me.
Y/n: "there's a pervert in the girls locker room!"
Draco: "just for you, congratulations darling, you did amazing that catch was riveting for the whole audience. are you hurt though, you crashed into the tower"
Y/n: "mmh just a bruise" I turned slightly to show him. He approached and kissed the area around the bruise. "I'm healed!" I exclaimed sarcastically. Draco slapped my butt and I laughed at him making him spank me harder but I just laughed still. Then he crashed us against my locker.
Draco: "don't play with fire baby girl-"
Y/n: "burn me"