Chapter 29

Emilie Agreste always loved flowers and Adrien always liked the way she smiled when he gave her a new bouquet. Even with her gone, he still brought her favorite flowers, Yellow Daffodils, and placed them next to her statue. Leaving flowers there became a habit of his because, in a way, it made him feel as if she was still with him. With a smile, he told her statue, "Today is going to be a big day. Marinette is coming over for dinner and I wish you were here with us to meet her."

Sadly, the blond didn't have much time to talk because his princess was waiting. Excited to go to her, he got up in one jump and ran to the limousine. The smile on his face filled with pure bliss.

Marinette was equally excited for her prince to arrive. Of course, a part of her was also nervous about having dinner with his dad. Despite her insecurities and her fears, when the famous Agreste limousine stopped in front of her street, the bluenette enthusiastically went to open the door only to be stopped by Adrien's bodyguard who insisted on opening the door himself.

After she entered the ride, she looked at Adrien. He looked perfect. He was perfect. With his golden hair and green eyes that always showed his intense love and passion. No wonder Alya sometimes called him sunshine because his proximity was definitely giving Marinette's cheek a sunburn. In what she could only assume was a great attempt to turn her into a complete nervous blushing mess, he offered a bouquet of beautiful red vibrant roses.

While she took them and enjoyed their beauty, Adrien laughed because his lady's cheeks perfectly matched the roses. "Ladybugs really like flowers, don't they?"

"They do when they are this beautiful." Marinette smiled and used the roses to hide her tremendous blush.

Looking at her with his big, dreamy eyes, he admitted, "You are the one that's beautiful. You took my breath away the moment I saw you in that dress."

She placed the flowers in the back seat, but still held onto her blush. Nervously, she asked, "Do you really like it?"

Like it? He loved it! Her clothes were as amazing, and looked as beautiful, as the girl that wore them. He couldn't wait to see how it would look with his gift. Filled of excitement, Adrien said, "There's just one thing missing."

Marinette watched with curiosity as he pulled a box out of his jacket. She wasn't expecting more gifts after the beautiful bouquet.

"Adrien you shouldn't...'' she tried to say, staring at the box as he opened it. Inside was a gorgeous and expensive heart shaped pendant That was simple but elegant, easily complementing any outfit. It certainly was not as elaborate or luxurious as something Chloe would wear, but it was something Marinette wasn't used to wearing on a normal basis. Part of her didn't want to think that it might be made of real gold, but as a fashion connoisseur, she knew better.

As he gently took the necklace out of the box to put it on her, he explained, "You already own my heart, so I thought why not make it official."

When he spoke like that Marinette really couldn't hide a smile as she gladly accepted his heart. After he put the necklace on her, she revealed, "I also have something for you. It isn't as luxurious as this necklace, but I'm sure you'll like it."

Adrien already had a guess on what it could be, but that didn't take away his joy as he watched her pull out a box of his favorite passion fruit macarons from her purse. Not even when he tried to bake them or buy them from her dad's store did they feel so sweet as when they were made by his Marinette.

Pulling her closer he admitted, "I love your sweets because they are as sweet as you." He finished his sentence by doing something he had been dying to do ever since Marinette entered the car. He gave her a very, long sweet kiss. The rest of the ride continued peaceful and happy, with the two lovebirds talking a lot less and cuddling and kissing a lot more.