Chapter 20

I apologize that I took so long with this chapter. After deciding to change the direction of the story, I had a lot of rewriting, adjusting and planning to do. Now I'm more certain of where I want this story to go and hopefully can keep writing at the normal pace. Don't forget to vote and comment since not only do I love to know your thoughts but It also makes me want to write more  

Marinette refused to open her eyes, afraid that it would all be a dream and Adrien wasn't really with her. She was scared that if she moved too much it would cause her to wake up. It took seconds, minutes, or maybe hours (who knew). But finally, and half expecting it not to be true, she dared to open her bluebell eyes. To her surprise, he was really there and was looking at her with such endearing expression that her heart was about to melt.

"Do you really love me?" she whispered, cuddling even more in his arms and wanting to enjoy this moment to its fullest.

After her explanation on why she refused to marry him as Ladybug, he realized just how insecure she was. It was strange seeing his lady with this level of self-doubt but at the same time, it wasn't unusual for Marinette. Seeing the nervous look on her face and the hesitation in her words, he reassured her "For the one hundred time. Yes. I love you Marinette."

She felt relief at his words. He then let his lips on hers be the proof to lessen her fears and show his love.

Suddenly and breaking away from his kiss she asked: "And it's not because I'm Ladybug or because of the baby?"

"Those are just bonus. I love you, Marinette, with all my heart," he said, resuming the kiss.

They kissed for a while before going back to cuddling.

Feeling a draft of cold air, she snuggled even more into him. The only way to describe this moment was: perfect.

As they stared into the night sky she admitted, "I wish we could stay like this forever."

She should have been quiet because it was at this moment that Adrien's phone rang. The blond gulped, it was his father. Slowly he accepted the call. "Hello father."

"Son, how was your date with Mrs. Tsurugi?" His father asked with his usual stone-cold tone.

"My date with Kagami? It didn't go exactly well."

Marinette gave him the death stare and Adrien whispered, "I'm sorry," to her.

With a deep sigh, the elder Agreste, still on the line, said, "Then I suppose you are on your way home then."

"Yes father, I will be home soon."

Gabriel ended the call and Adrien did not find it strange. For him, his father hanging up or not even returning his calls was sadly the norm.

Gabriel Agreste usually only cared about what he wanted and everything else became second. Even the blond was usually left behind when the man had other important issues to attend to. Adrien promised himself to be different from his father and give Kitten all the love and attention in the world.

As soon as the call was over, Marinette didn't even give Adrien time to say anything before immediately firing back. "So you were on a date with Kagami?"

That was a tiny detail he might have forgotten to mention in between their talk about his akumatization, Luka, Kitten, and the rejection of the proposal. But there was no way to run away from it now.

So he admitted, "Yes I was with her... but when I saw you with Luka I couldn't think of anything else. It's you and only you. I swear. Are you mad?"

"No," she said while pouting a little her lips.

Adrien knew his lady and Marinette well enough to know that she only did that when she was angry. It was a similarity he never picked up before, but now made sense. "I find that hard to believe," he confessed.