Chapter 25

Being ordered by the villain, Chat unwilling got up. In front of her, his tall body served almost as a shield. Slowly and following her pace, he began walking backwards and further away from the other heroes.

Ladybug analyzed her surroundings. Her brain immediately conjuring what would be the perfect plan if it didn't mean Chat had to take the hit. He knew his lady, and based on her expression, he understood her dilemma. "My lady. Just do it! My cataclysm won't kill me and we both know it. It will hurt a lot, but I don't mind if it means we finally get to defeat this..."

Truthteller didn't let him finish as she intensified her grip on his arm and forced his hand even closer to his rib cage. It was a warning for him and for Ladybug that she wasn't playing around. Gabriel held his cane tightly, unsure of what to do. Even if he released the akuma, there was the chance Truthteller could, accidentally or not, still cataclysm his son. It was too much of a risk for him to take!

Staring into her partner's green eyes she admitted, "Kitty I can't... sorry," before turning to the other heroes and ordering, "Lower your weapons. We do as she says."

Gabriel let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. He watched as Truthteller released Chat Noir and he fell. Automatically, his hand went straight to the ground to give him support. His power was immediately released and most of the neighborhood shook. Luckily, it didn't cause too much damage... but the chaos was still enough to give Truthteller the chance to run away.

Back in his lair, Hawkmoth owed his biggest enemy for his son not getting hurt. Despite being alone, he whispered, "Thank you, Ladybug." He leaned on his cane once more, still debating whether or not to strip Lila of her powers. His first instinct after she released his son was just to end this... but it would raise suspicions.

In the meantime, Lila had been able to outrun the heroes and was now targeting Marinette and Adrien instead. She wasn't able to find them, but luckily, she found someone that she hoped would drag them out. With a mischievous grin, she used her power directly on Luka before snatching him and dragging him to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Clara Nightingale watched in horror as her fiancé was taken.

"What do you want from me?" Luka asked while staring at Paris below him and hoping not to fall.

Truthteller made a quick glance around to make sure none of the heroes were onto her before answering, "Just trying to drag your girlfriend out of hiding."

He clearly became confused, "What are you talking about? My fiancée was right there with me."

Truthteller's surprised expression about Luka and Clara quickly became one of laughter. That prickled Luka's feelings. With slight anger, he answered, "Our hearts were made to play as one. I don't expect someone with such a dark melody to understand it."

The villain seemed unmoved by his anger or his words. Serene as ever, she asked, "Tell me, does she know about the duet going on between you and Marinette?"

"She knows I would never cheat on her."

While Truthteller continued to play around with Luka. The heroes had split up in hopes of finding her faster. However, before each went their own way, Ladybug entrusted Chat with the snake miraculous. She had brought it along, just in case it was necessary. Master Fu seemed unhappy, but with Lila as the villain, she wasn't taking any chances.

Just as the leader hero made a quick recon on the ground. She found herself ambushed by reporters. It was Nadja who found her first, and while the cameraman pointed not so discreetly to Ladybug's middle section, she asked, "Is it a boy or a girl?"

"I don't know, and I also want it to be a surprise," the scarlet heroine unwillingly answered. She still tried to cover her mouth, but it didn't work since she couldn't deflect. The moment she uncovered her lips, the words just poured out.