Chapter 31

Hello sorry for the delay . May has been a little crazy for me

when it comes to the story in case after reading this chapter you're confused when lila saw Marinette with master fu. It happened in chapter 14 when Marinette was heartbroken about rejecting Adrien's proposal and ran to master fu for advice . You don't need to read the chapter again, just so you know in case you were wondering

There's a reason why Ladybug is always the one coming up with the plans. When it's chat's turn, he tends to be a little reckless and impulsive. Taking off his ring definitely proved to be the case. His idea was simple: distract Lila long enough for her transformation to drop so that she was no longer capable of hurting anyone. It was good thinking for a split-second decision, however in his extremely fast planning, he forgot that outrunning a villain is a lot harder without superpowers.

He ran like crazy trying to get away, and not daring to look back knowing she was getting closer. His feet carried on even when he felt she was right behind him. He even saw her hand reaching his shoulder and he sprinted even faster.

When he finally noticed she hadn't caught him and that she was no longer on his tail, he turned around. The first thing he saw was a detransformed Lila tied upside down by Ladybug's yoyo. He had to admit it was amusing watching her trying to break free.

His lady on the other hand didn't seem to find it as funny. In her classically serious Ladybug tone, she reprimanded him, "What did we agree about being safe?"

Adrien tried to hide the smile on his face. Even while pouting, his lady was cute. Using his puppy dog eyes, he apologized. "Sorry, My Lady. I only wanted to protect you."

However despite how much charm and apologies he placed in his puppy dog eyes, they still didn't seem to make her less angry. It was time to go for the last resort: a kiss.

Marinette, still mad, stopped him and was quick to answer. "No kisses for you until I forget how reckless you were."

Lila, still high above the ground, offered, "Adrien, if you want a kiss, I can give you one."

While Adrien barfed at the idea, Ladybug pulled the liar even higher and warned, "Don't make me drop you."

Lila smirked. Not even Ladybug's threats were enough to stop her from taunting him. "And to think, I always saw Chat Noir as nothing more than a stray. You clearly are so much better. And you Marinette, being Ladybug, is hysterical. The fate of Paris rests in the hands of the most clumsy and bland girl."

Strangely enough, Lila's insults to Marinette didn't hurt as much as knowing that, because Lila knew Chat Noir's identity now, it wouldn't be hard for the liar to know her identity. But that still didn't take that awful sensation of having that liar knowing her secret away.

"Don't insult My Lady," Adrien warned the liar. His tone showing he was not in the mood for Lila's games.

The girl, despite losing and his warning, still looked at him with a smile. Him being Chat Noir and Marinette being Ladybug finally explained why Gabriel didn't want to steal the miraculous. He knew their identities, didn't he? Yet, after everything she had done for him, he chose not to tell her? That was a mistake that was going to cost him.

Uncomfortable with how tight the yoyo string was around her, Lila tried to make a deal. "Let me go and I'll reveal Hawkmoth's real name."

"Why would we believe anything you say?" Ladybug asked, even though the answer was obvious. Lila wasn't exactly known for being honest.

For Lila, the reason behind revealing the identity wasn't so much to free herself, but to get her revenge. The moment Gabriel decided to switch to the hero's side, he lost the rest of her loyalty and made a new enemy. No longer wearing her classic grin, she explained, "The only thing you need to know is that I have proof."