Chapter 2

Two chapters in one day? Yup!

Marinette laid in bed rubbing her still flat belly.The idea that a baby was growing inside it was terrifying. She could literally trip in the middle of the air due to her clumsiness. And now, she had a whole human being to protect? It was half her and half Adrien. This made her blush and start to imagine if it would have his gorgeous green eyes or his gorgeous blond hair. Would it be as cocky and confident as he was, or would it be shy like her/his mother?

Her daydreaming was shattered by a sound on her balcony. She didn't even have to guess who it was. Only Chat Noir would show up there.

Without even knowing why, she ran up towards the sound. She was right and it indeed was Chat, but he seemed nervous and almost tripped when he noticed Marinette was looking at him.

"Sorry! Alya told me you weren't feeling so good. So, I am here for a catcall. I mean to check up on you. Plus, you never really answered my call so... but I can leave if you want because I didn't want to bother..."

Marinette smiled at him. It was funny when he was the nervous wreck. He relaxed and smiled back.

"Want to go in my room? I mean do you want to come in?"

Chat nodded and followed her inside. In the room, they both stayed quiet leaving them with an uncomfortable silence.

"Marinette, there's something I wanted to talk to you..."

"Funny because too me... ah, I mean me too." She was prepared to tell him, but she wanted to hear what he had to say first.

"It's about that night."

"Which night?" Marinette played dumb, of course she knew what night he meant. The hard part was forgetting.

"The night where I saved you... and it... and you couldn't resist me, which I don't blame you. Come on! So, we ended up..."

Marinette threw him her pillow out of spite. "Please, you don't need to say any more. I remember perfectly and as I recall it was you who kissed me."

Chat's confidence decreased, and he began rubbing the back of his head. "Yeah! But you were the one that hugged me and gave me that look with your big bluebell eyes."

Marinette blinked in surprise before regaining her confidence. "Get to the point Chat!"

"I've noticed things between us haven't been the same since that night. You avoid me one day, then the next you tease me. We haven't spent any time alone since that night and it feels so awkward between us."

"So?"

"So, I miss us hanging out and being friends. I mean I even trusted you with my secret. And, I didn't do that with anyone else, Marinette."

"Adrien I... I... am..." pregnant. That was all she had to say and then the secret would be out. At least one of them. She still couldn't tell him she was Ladybug. Why couldn't she just tell him she was pregnant? All she wanted was to tell him and get this feeling out of her system "... m-missing our time together too."

Marinette leaned closer for a kiss. She needed him! She wanted him to comfort her and make everything better. She wanted his warm and carefreeness to make her forget about everything else.

Adrien, however, pushed her away gently and with sadness admitted.

"Wow! Marinette, I think you are amazing, sweet, and creative. You are funny and caring but the truth is that while that night was amazing, and I could never forget it since it was my first. The truth is that I am madly in love with Ladybug. And, I was weak at that moment and it was a mistake. I am so sorry. I just came here in hopes that things could get back to how they were between us and not to hurt you. The fact is that I don't want you to feel like you're not special or meaningless but..."

Tears were about to burst out of her eyes, but she faked a smile, something she was surprised that Adrien, the king of fake smiles, couldn't see right through.

"Of course, I understand plus it's not like I was in love with you or anything. I mean it's not like that night matter at all. In fact let's just forget it ever happened."

She began pushing Adrien up the stairs to the balcony.

"Marinette," Adrien said, sounding almost like a plea. But, she kept pushing him and eventually he resigned and climbed the few steps left. He still looked at her hopeful, but her expression told him it was best to leave. So regretfully he closed the trapdoor and left.

Marinette fell on her knees crying. Tikki who had been silently watching this whole scene went to Marinette and comforted her.

"Tikki, what am I going to do now ?"