Chapter 24

The love and support you all have been giving me has been UNBELIEVABLE . I never doubted it but now I know for sure that I have the best readers in the world. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU! 

For all of you, I ́ll try to have the next chapter posted on the day Felix is released ( just like I posted this one on the day chat blanc was released ) but won't make promises.

Adrien's heart was filled with rage and he was already constantly worried about what Hawkmoth would do. So, he definitely didn't need the stress of wondering what Lila would do. His fear came with the anger that neither of them seemed to let him just be happy with Marinette. However, based on the still fresh experience, he knew better than to let those feelings consume him. So, he forced himself to focus on the love of his life. She was smiling and laughing with Nino and Alya. Her blue eyes met his and sparked in response. He couldn't help but smile like a fool when she looked at him like that.

Lila growled seeing the blond sitting next to Marinette. The bluenette immediately having the audacity of laying her head over his shoulder. Just like a hunter that found its prey, Lila snatched the akuma from the air and placed it on her earrings. "Hello Hawkmoth. I accept the deal! Just give me the powers."

Gabriel was very happily surprised with her enthusiasm. "Very well then Truthteller. Remember to bring the miraculous. May I just suggest not hurting Chat Noir or..." After a long pause that even Lila began to wonder if he was going to continue or not, he finished, "...or Ladybug. No harm needs to be done to them, right?"

Not listening to his advice, she just asked, "What is my power?"

"The strongest of them all," he assured her. Satisfied with his answer, she quickly let herself be engulfed by the akumatization. Her clothes were replaced with white. Her hair changed slightly to an almost fiery red tone. Her skin became deathly pale, contrasting with her hair, eyes, and lips. Her once green olive eyes became tainted with a violent angry scarlet tone that only seemed outmatched by the even bloodier tone of her lips.

As Adrien laughed along with everyone, he suddenly got a queasy feeling in the back of his head. It was in the split-second he saw the fearful expressions of Alya and Nino he, by instinct, ducked over to protect Marinette. Something passed him by, too close for his comfort. Unexpectedly, Truthteller jumped in the middle of the group. "How sweet. You trying to protect her?"

While still protecting Marinette, he warned, "Lila, you don't want to do this!"

"But I do. I really do." She began to prepare her attack.

Taking advantage of her being distracted, Alya wrapped the wire of Nino's headphones around her while he covered her eyes with his cap.

Marinette and Adrien were still recovering from shock with the akumatization and with her friends quick thinking, when Alya ordered them, "Both of you go. We will hold her off as long as we can. Hopefully until Ladybug and Chat Noir come." The smirk that came with her words was missed by Marinette and Adrien as they immediately took that opportunity to run away.

Alya and Nino struggled hard as the villain tried to free herself. Both gave their best. Eventually it was enough as they managed to survive until their friends were out of sight. The second Truthteller broke free, she growled in frustration. She took one look at them and eventually decided they weren't worth her using her powers on.

Happy to still be alive and to be able to fight an akuma without any powers, Nino celebrated. "It's so cool that our daily superhero partnership couple training has been working." Alya smiled seeing how proud he was. Without needing to say anything, they both bumped their fist and exclaimed the famous, "Pound it!"