48

Chapter 48  

***

As the new year approached, one could see more and more decorations on the road, while fewer and fewer cars were out. The weather was getting colder, but Su Hang had started to come home later.

"Madam, is Sir working overtime today again?" Because Su Hang was still out, Mrs. Zhang had prepared a relatively simpler dinner.

"No." Shen Xi sat down on the table and replied: "He's attending an alumni party today."

"I see." Mrs. Zhang placed the last dish on the dinner table ad said: "Madam, since the dinner is ready, I'll be leaving first."

"Yes, goodbye." Shen Xi nodded with a smile. Then, she picked up her cellphone. After a moment's thought, she sent Su Hang a text.

[Drink less and come home early.]

Ding.

[Alright.]

    ==

In a certain private room in the club named Cirrus Cloud, Su Hang was attending his first alumni party since graduation.

"Su Hang, QingYuan told me you were coming, but I didn't believe him, ah." Fatty Guo Hai exclaimed with a smile.

Su Hang smiled, but before he could reply, Li QingYuan pouted: "This kid, how can you not trust me, ah."

"Don't blame us. You say that Su Hang will attend every year, but he never showed up before, ah." Someone said.

"Right, right." Another alumnus echoed.

"That's my fault. Let me drink one shot as punishment." Su Hang picked up a glass of alcohol and gulped it down without ambiguity.

Su Hang didn't go to high school. He got admitted to a university abroad by passing the international exams through self-study. Strictly speaking, these alumni were the first group of friends he ever made. Although they mostly got together because they were Chinese overseas students, they all had good feelings towards each other. However, after graduating they had less contact with each other. Plus, Su Hang became busy with Su family affairs and wasn't in the mood to come to a party.

"One glass isn't enough, ah. Make it at least three!" Someone yelled.

"Alright." Su Hang, also feeling quite cheerful, picked up the wine bottle and poured another two glasses of wine for himself.

"Cool!" Everyone finally let Su Hang go. They started chatting, drinking, playing cards, singing, and having fun.

Su Hang talked to other people while quietly watching Qin Hai who sat in a corner. It was a strange coincidence, but both Su Hang and Qin Hai were orphans who both won scholarships and studied in the same school. Their experiences were very similar, but they weren't familiar with each other for some reason.

A bored Qin Hai was going through his phone when, at the corner of his eye, he suddenly saw Su Hang come over with a glass of wine. Qin Hai raised a brow in surprise.

"Drink?" Su Hang raised the glass he was holding.

Although Qin Hai found Su Hang's sudden closeness a little strange, he still held up his glass and clinked it against Su Hang's. He took a sip but was surprised to see Su Hang gulp down his entire glass. The doubt in Qin Hai's eyes became more prominent.

"I heard from QingYuan that you went on a vacation recently?" Su Hang put down his glass and asked.

"Yes." Qin Hao didn't change his expression.

"How long do you intend your break to be?" Su Hang asked.