Chapter 3

"Vas-Vasudev, Pranipaat. When did you come?" Shakuni stammered, wiping his sweat.

"Just now, hearing about you slandering an innocent person, Gandhar Raj. I thought Hastinapur delivered fair justice." 

Ishani looked at him gratefully, and he smiled back softly.

"I am taking Ishani with me, where she rightfully belongs. Karna, Your Gurudev has asked me to get you to Dwaraka, for an important purpose."

Without a word, he beckoned them to follow, and they did so.

The council was left speechless; what had just happened?

"Sorry for the rudeness, I'm Vasudev Krishna. I've heard a lot about you, Karna. "

'He's a kind and sweet man, though he looks cold hearted.' Ishani thought, remembering how he helped her.

"About what?" 

"About how you're kind and sweet, though you look cold-hearted." Krishna smirked and Ishani's eyes widened.

He just invaded her personal space!

"Sorry about that. Couldn't help myself." He whispered to her.

Karna felt shy, and just nodded. 

"Why are you not fulfilling the purpose of your education, Karna?" 

Karna stilled, looking sharply at Krishna.
" It's none of your business. "
" It is my business because I can't stand seeing a person qualified to be an emperor mistreated like this. "
Karna stared at Krishna in shock.
"Wh-what? "
" There's a reason why you went to Parashuram. There's a reason why you met some people. You are someone more than a Suta, Vasusen. "
"What should I do? "
"Stop the thought of caste. Don't hesitate to voice out yourself. And never fear to help someone, even if it means going against some unjust norms. "
"I'll try. "
Krishna smiled, patting him.
"Good. And by the way, don't act so oblivious around her. It's clearly noticed, your clammy hands and beetroot expressions. " He whispered.
Karna was expressionless, but his ears turned red .
Ishani wondered what they were up to.
The chariot jerked, and Ishani banged against Karna.
"Sorry. I didn't mean to. "
"It's ok. " He froze, feeling her soft skin against his.
"I think you wouldn't mind if the chariot jerked again."
" Vasudev! "
Krishna was indeed a mischievous person.

"I have already sent a letter to your parents. It took me some time to convince them, and hence the delay." Krishna informed, and Karna sighed in relief.

As long as his parents knew his whereabouts, nothing else mattered.

The chariot stopped in front of a magnificent palace.
Glittering with gems and ornaments, Dwarka was a prosperous kingdom.
"Pranipaat, Samrat. "
"Escort Shreeman Karna and Devi Ishani to the guest homes. Make all arrangements for their stay. "
The soldiers nodded, while the duo were  busy in admiring the palace.
" Have you been to a palace? " Ishani shook her head.
" We have a democracy, so nothing like that. "
" Your place, is kind of strange. "
" Of course, if it's another Yuga, you can't expect the same. "
She murmured softly but his sharp ears caught it.
Yuga, what was she talking?
He couldn't help but feel curious about her.
"Arya! You took so long. "
A beautiful woman spoke, smiling at both of them.
" You are Devi Rukmini. "
She nodded, putting kumkum on her.
"Jiji, has Ishani.. " Another woman arrived, her eyes widened at the sight of Ishani.
"Pranipaat, I am Satyabhama. Please feel at home here. You can rest for some time in your chambers."
"Maharathi Karna,.. " Rukmini bit her tongue when Karna's eyes widened at the term.
She looked at Krishna apologetically, before addressing him as Shreeman.
"Ishani and Karna, rest for today. Tomorrow, be ready at the practice grounds, behind the guest homes. "
They nodded, but both craved solitude.
Ishani sat in the isolated garden, looking at the sky.
"Ishani, you are as beautiful as a blue rose in the midst of thorns. " Advay, her best friend would tease her, but who knew she would actually miss them.

Her ego was too big to admit her loneliness.

Advay and Kriti, the only people who stayed throughout for her, trying to heal her.
"I accept that i miss you idiots. " She murmured, remembering how they would dance crazily and scream their  to heart's content.
Karna closed his eyes, missing the warmth of his mother. He knew, he was adopted but that  only fueled his anger against his birth mother.
He looked back, hearing sniffles.
It was no doubt Ishani. Why was she crying?
" I don't want to stay here. I feel so lonely. Please send me back, Krishna. "
He sighed, caressing her head.
"Arjun Mehra is dead, Advay and Kriti are married, and you truly don't belong there.  Ishani, you are supposed to be here. "
"No, I was born in Kali Yuga. "
Karna stumbled back, how did she travel from the future to the past? That meant she knew everything about them... And that explained her confidence in answering Gandhar Raj. She knew his moves even before he planned them.
"No, dear. You were there due to a curse. You were born in.. "
"Where? "
"Vaikuntha."
Ishani laughed, even as Karna's eyes widened. Vasudev had an uncanny ability to know mysterious stuff, but this was way too shocking. It simply meant that she wasn't a human.

"Krishna, the joke's getting too far.. "

Krishna's serious expression scared her.
"What the heck is happening? Who am I truly? "
Karna felt his breath stop, hearing Krishna. A wave of sadness and insecurity overtook him. He never stood a chance. She was beyond his reach, a poor, struggling warrior.
"You are the daughter of the Gods. "
Her eyes widened, and before she knew it, she lost her balance, panic blurring her vision.

Meme of the day: