Chapter 10

"It is a miracle that she is alright, Vasudev

"It is a miracle that she is alright, Vasudev." The royal physician murmured, feeling her faint yet steady pulse. 

Krishna nodded, and the physician left. 

All the princes had returned to their chambers, and Krishna had already issued spies to look into this matter.

"Kanha, is she alright?" Balarama looked at Ishani, sleeping peacefully. The curtains fluttered in the wind, as the lamps burned furiously.

"She will be." Placing a forehead kiss, he sat by her bedside.
Karna paced back and forth in his balcony, wondering if she would be alright. His heart was gripped tightly with fear, for some strange reason.

He looked down, seeing the magnificent garden. Rows and rows of  plants with the rarest of flowers met his sight. Each was a different shade of another colour. Their sweet scent lingered in the air, but his instinct told him something was wrong.

Seriously wrong. A wisp of black made him rush down the stairs, to the spot where he had witnessed it.

There was nothing he  could hear or see, except the chirping of birds and the distinct chatter of people. He crouched down, brushing his fingers against the spot. A jolt of pain ran through him, and a rumble was heard.

He stepped back, as the spot revealed itself to be a circular stone. It moved, and he held his breath as a  passageway greeted him. 

He took a deep breath, quietly walking in to the deep abyss.  His sharp ears picked up the sounds of snakes slithering around, rustling of leaves and the faint cricket sounds. He winced as thorns poked his feet continuously. 

The entire path was faintly lit and it seemed like he was entering a closed chamber. 

He could hear whispers as if they were coming from far off. 

'Thou mustn't go there, Ye son of the Gods. Place is cursed.'

'Please, don't go forward. Thou shall suffer terribly.'

"Excuse me? Who are you all?" The whispers faded away, silence greeting him again. 

 Chills crawled down his spine. There was a door and it was the dead end. He clutched the door knob, twisting it as the door opened.
The sight in front of him made him blood run cold.

"No" Ishani screamed, gasping for breath. A trickle of sweat rolled down her forehead.
Krishna clutched her shoulders, pulling her close.
"You are alright, Ishani. Calm down. " She shook her head, gasping softly.

"Krishna, there's someone here. Someone so sinister that it pulls me towards itself and I want to go there. Badly." She rasped, trying to break free from his hold. 

"Dau, the garden is seen." He spoke, and Balarama's eyes widened. Someone had opened the entrance to the monster. 

And it was currently free.