Chapter 22

Ishani looked away, trying not to make her face look like a ripened cherry

In the modern era, women would've cried buckets to be with him. But she knew he was destined to be somebody's husband.

Vrushali's. Maybe he was rude to her in their first meet, but she wouldn't allow it to happen.

She was here to ensure everybody lived happily. Not get entangled into one of their lives.

Besides, she was a nobody here.

Just an outsider.

That thought hurt, but she was used to  it.

Devajit gripped her chin softly, forcing her to look at him. 

"What happened? Why such a sour face?" He murmured gently, when she removed his hand from her chin.

"Come with me. We need to talk." He tilted his head in confusion, looking on as a rider came forward.

He suddenly felt it weird. Was she angry because he touched her suddenly?

But then, she would have directly scolded him. Then, was she going to confess?

Nah, he dismissed. She didn't look at him like he looked at her.

"Pranipaat, Kuru Rajkumaro. These are the horses sent by Vasudev. "

All of them got on quickly, and luckily, there was an extra horse neighing impatiently.

Ishani took the chance and mounted on it. 

Devajit rode by her side, looking at her.

"Your parents are in danger. I .. " She hesitated, when he looked at her calmly.

"Did you have a vision or something?" He whispered, and she nodded.

"Who.. What did you see?" It was good that Devajit was in control, otherwise Karna would have yelled his lungs out and panicked.

"Your parents were tied up, heavy iron chains. Shakuni was asking them about you.. and unable to bear the torture, he blurted out that they found you on the banks of Ganga. And Radha Maa pleaded him to leave, but he laughed.. He wanted you to choose between them or.. surrender me." She spoke quietly, afraid of his reaction.

She wanted to come along and deal with that cunning idiot, but there was a possibility that he would blame her.

Devajit sighed, massaging his forehead.

"How are you feeling?"  Her eyes widened.

"Huh?" She thought her ears malfunctioned.

"I am fine." 

"Okay. You don't have to worry. I'll take care of it."

"I have a plan, actually. Since he attempted to kill me numerous times, I'll become the bait, and we can together expose him."