Chapter 13

Monday
"Yes I'll be there in a week at the most. Okay thank you; good bye." I spoke frustratingly into the phone.
Squeezing the bridge of my nose I buzzed Jasmine and told her to schedule my private jet for California on Sunday night. Pulling out my phone I dialed Chance's cell number.

"Yes my beautiful Queen," he sang into the phone causing me to smile.
"Hi baby, what are you up to later on?" I asked.
"Nothing much, why what's up?" He asked sounding excited.
"Let's go out to dinner tonight I need to talk to you about something important." I said to him as I fiddled with a few papers that were on my desk.
"Sure, but is everything okay?" He asked sounding concerned.
"Ahh yeah, I'll have Jasmine send Matt all the information for tonight, but I have to finish up a lot of work. Bye baby." I quickly answered while I signed a few papers.
"Ight babe." He said sounding sexy.

"Jasmine please come in here for a second." I buzzed her after I hung up with Chance. An hour later we had my schedule all complete and everything else was moved around so that Jasmine would be able to help George run things while I was gone. George Vanhover is the vice president of the company.

Later that evening...
Walking into the restaurant I was lead to the back where Chance waited; he always had to be early. He stood as soon as he saw me coming. Boy did he look good in a suit! After kissing me softly he help me sit and we were talking when he asked me something I never really thought of before.

"How did I stay out of the tabloids?" I repeated his question.
"Yeah I mean most women of your status are all over the covers of magazines. Yet, you are only on a few and there aren't may photos of you online. It's impressive." He said taking a bite of his food. Giggling I shook my head and sipped my lemonade before answering him.
"I'm a private person, I learned how to work the paparazzi. I don't do anything that could make a good story for them in public."
"I see, I googled you." He said and looked liked he regretted it soon as he spoke the words.
"It's okay I googled you too," I said blushing.
"Oh no..." He said sounding defeated.
"Mhmm there's a lot online Mr. Charming." I said which caused him to blush, he looked so cute. Damn I might have to take him home.

"It's okay I trust you. Now I have to tell you something important." I said leaning in to kiss him. Meeting me in the middle he smiled and pecked my lips.
"Okay babe I'm all ears." He said looking into my eyes.
"I... I'm. I'm..." I stuttered, I didn't want to say it because it would make it even more real and I didn't want it to be true.
"Your what?" He asked looking at with excitement in his eyes.
"I...." I stuttered over my words again but this time because of the all the different emotions he held in his eyes.
"Your pregnant?" He asked with the biggest smile across his face. I looked at him like he had lost his damn mind.
"Ahh no Chance we are not pregnant, I was trying to say that I have to leave for a little while." I said sadly when his face shattered into a million pieces.
"Oh damn I thought I got lucky... wait what?" He asked confused with the sexiest pout upon his lips.
"I'm leaving for awhile..." I stated again.
"Aww man really but it's just the beginning; how long?" He asked grabbing my hands, and placed light kisses on my knuckles as he continued to pout.
"Maybe a month, or two. I won't be sure until I get there." I said looking dreadful.
"Well I can't ask you to stay, but I will miss you dearly. When do you leave?" He asked softly getting up to come on my side of the booth and wrapping his arms around me.
"Sunday night so we will have the weekend, unless your gonna help me pack then the weekend can start Friday morning." I whispered snuggling myself into him.
"This really sucks everything between us is just getting started." He mumbled into my hair.
"Yeah I know but duty calls. Let's go please I wanna cuddle," I said looking at him with puppy dog eyes knowing he would give in.
"Did you drive?" He asked.
"No I sent my driver home after he dropped me off." I said as he stood, boy he sure did make that suit look good as hell. Oh how I just wanted to rip it off of him.
He had just flagged down our waiter but turned to me with an angry face when he was told there was no bill.