Prologue

Chance

Pulling up to my house, I hop out and sprint up the sidewalk. It feels good to be home after dealing with difficult clients all day. I don't understand how people don't read the terms of a contract before signing. Rolling my eyes, I let it go and grabbed a beer to chug.

It's been a long day.

I thought to myself as I let the waterfall onto my chest. My brother and I would be going out tonight, but I needed some time to myself to relax. This shower was exactly what I needed to loosen up my tense muscles. When the water finally went cold, I decided to get out of the shower. Wrapping a towel around my waist I walked to my closet to find something to wear. I decide on a fitted cool gray V-neck long sleeve shirt along with a pair of black loose fit straight leg jeans. I was picking up my black Tim's when my phone started ringing; without even looking at the caller ID, I answered. Slipping on some boxers I walk to my den.

"Hello?" I answered slightly annoyed. I hated talking on the phone especially during my personal time.

"Hey man. What's the move for tonight? You coming out to play or Nah?" My best friend Sage asked instantly my mood changed. Chuckling I roll my eyes, Sage expected me to go out just as much as him. I honestly don't know how he had the time for it being a doctor. Sage was one of the most well-known doctors and businessmen in the state, yet and still, he does not let that interfere with his turn up. He is pretty laid back for the most part, but when it's time to jump off he was always down. In spite of his need to turn up and have fun, Sage is still a gentleman and very respectful. If only I could say the same for all of my friends. Ha. Yeah right.

"Yeah man, I just finished getting my fit ready. I'll meet you there." I replied the excitement on the other end of the phone made me burst out laughing.

"You a damn fool, bye mane," I say hanging up the phone. Plopping down into my lazy boy I kick up my feet. I turned on the television to watch ESPN. I spent a few hours watching sports center and relaxing around the house until half past eleven. I got dressed, grabbed my keys and I was walking out of the house as I called my little brother, Carter.

***

Carter and I walked into an upscale club called 'Exclusive' and headed straight to the bar. Gabriel also known as Gabe, was already seated and it was clear that he had a head start on downing beers. I shook my head and smacked him right in the back of his neck causing him to spit out a little of his beer and cough a lot. Carter burst out laughing as Gabe quickly wiped his mouth frowning hoping no one noticed, as we took our seats next to him.

"What the hell?" Gabe said mugging me trying to catch his breath, as he coughed up his beer. I laughed and shrugged my shoulders as I did a quick survey of the place before taking my seat. It was a nice little atmosphere here tonight.

"What's up fellas, the usual?" Karmen, a petite brown skin girl asked from behind the bar.

"You know it," I stated.

"Sure, thing handsome." She replied as she walked off to fix our Old Fashioned, a manly concoction of bourbon, bitters, a hint of sugar water. Karmen returned with our drinks and I handed her a fifty-dollar tip ensuring my cup would stay full. With my drink in my hand, I turned around to view the place. The place was packed but not overcrowded, the wealthy definitely were out to play tonight. Just as I turned, I saw Sage, Logan, Antonio, and Maximilian walking up. I greeted them all with a solid handshake.

"We may as well get a booth and enjoy the view," I suggested as I pointing to a VIP section that allowed us to see everything and everyone in the building. Waving Karmen over I ask for a booth upstairs I might as well enjoy myself. The view from the VIP section was ten times better than down at the bar, I could see everything and everyone.

"Yo..."  Tonio called out looking off in the distance. Everyone looked on the dance floor following his gaze. We all smiled in approval as we watched the hips of a thick Latina woman sway back and forth to the beat. She winked and waved at us smiling, she looked good but I wasn't interested.

We sat there talking about football awhile until a group of women walked past us, each one just as appealing as the next. They all rocked big pretty smiles and headed straight for the dance floor. When I spotted Sage's twin sister, I looked over at him along with everyone else at the table. He shrugged his shoulders and mugged her. That was until a woman in a teal green low-cut body fitted dress and stilettos winked at him. He gave us a look then got up and followed her onto the dance floor; causing his sister to frown in annoyance. I found myself lost in a daze as my eyes fell on the most beautiful woman, I would ever lay eyes on. She was dressed in a strapless white mini fitted dress that hugged her curves with red bottom stilettos and her glowing eyes lit up the entire room.

I suddenly envied the dress.

"Damn," I spoke out loud as I sipped my drink and watched her. Her eyes drifted closed as she started to move, rocking her body to the beat like she was comfortable. All the other girls were really moving and shaking but she kept swaying. She had an amazing body, curves in all the right places and her nice full lips were the same shade of red as her shoes. What really caught my eye was her long-manicured nails that made me lick my lips, I just had a thing for sexy hands. I licked my lips again as I continued to watch her, then I heard the guys laughing. I took my eyes off of her for a split second to look at them.

"What's funny?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"Dude you looking at her like she's a T-Bone steak," Max said laughing.

"She looks like she would taste better man," I answered immediately without thinking causing them all to burst out laughing.

"Man, go dance with her and get her number or some," Logan suggested pointing in her direction.

"Nah, man I just wanna watch her." I simply said, looking back at her.

"Whatever man, you are going to regret that shit watch." Antonio shook his head and laughed.

"Look at her move her body," said Gabe.

"Hell, yeah them hips though!" Antonio chimed in.

I turned and looked at them like they had lost their damn minds. They looked at each other than me and shook their heads.

"Yeah, she got him hooked already and he doesn't even know her name!" Carter said as he just fell over laughing. Like it was the funniest thing ever, wasn't shit funny. Soon I was alone; just me and my thoughts. I guess she must have felt me watching her because suddenly her eyes opened and her gaze met mine. She smiled and continued to dance to the beat. I kept my eyes on her and watched her until she and her friends left. I sent her a few drinks throughout the night but I didn't make any moves on her. I just got a different kind of vibe from her. Sage followed them out and smirked at Max and I. I had been sitting here all night just observing. When Sage returned to the table after seeing the ladies out everybody joined us and asked him who the woman was in the white dress, before I could even ask. He said he didn't know but would try to find out.

The next day when we spoke, Sage told me that his sister didn't know the lady either. Every weekend for a month straight I went back to that club hoping that I would get to see this woman but she never returned.

Who was this mystery woman?

__________________

WARNING!!
RATED-R
18+
Read at your own risk!
Enjoy!

-Fan
-Vote
-Follow
-Share
-Comment
-Subscribe

ARAYAIK🥀