Chapter 4- Get Together

Im back! And posting regularly! I know this isn't a Friday, but here's an early update as an apology for taking so long (normal update still this Friday :)
read, comment, vote and shiz :)

<><><><><><><><><>
The next week or so went slowly. School was a bore and being a senior definitely had its perks; while other grades were already jumping into things, the senior class was still taking it slow.

Colton still drove us home every day, although I had been able to make up some excuses that 'I was studying with Mia' and 'It was nice outside so I'm going to walk' for a few days here and there. Colton still didn't talk to me. At all. And I didn't talk to him either. Anna repeatedly tried to spark conversation between us by bringing up football and stuff but I just couldn't bring myself to even acknowledge his existence.

Fine, go ahead and tell me I'm overreacting and crap but just imagine moving away for three years, no texts, no emails, no calls, and then coming back to find that the guy you had liked was dating your ex best friend. I'm sorry; I think I have every right to be a little stubborn and upset.

I walked into my first class and greeted Mr. Fells before sitting down in my seat.

"Hey Finn!" Mia said cheerfully.

I smiled, "How can you be so happy? It's way too early" I laughed.

Mia's smile grew larger as she started blushing, "Well, since you asked, guess who got asked out today?"

"Taylor Swift?" I asked , pretending to be in deep thought just to tease her.

Mia laughed , "Well probably, but I GOT ASKED OUT! FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER! It's a pretty big deal and I'm excited because nothing like this has ever happened to me!" She said.

To be honest, I wasn't sure why guys hadn't taken an interest in Mia before. She was completely gorgeous. She just didn't put herself out there, and I guess neither did I....which may be the reason why I hadn't been in any kind of relationship since the thing in eighth grade... if that could even be called a relationship.

I smiled and hugged her , "That's amazing Mia! Who is he? What does he look like? Spill !" I said, excited.

"His name is Kyle and he's in my calculus class! He's super smart and he just texted me this morning and asked me! He's so cute too! AND he wants me to go to the football game with him this Friday" She gushed, the tips of her ears getting red.

I laughed, "You have to introduce me to him" I said

She nodded, "Ofco-"

Mia stopped talking when Becca came in and sat down behind her. I made sure Colton wasn't following her before I turned to her.

"Hi Becca" I said.

I hadn't talked to her yet, and after what Anna told me the first day about making me stay away from Colton, I had been waiting for an opportunity to talk to Becca without Colton being right next to her.

Becca looked up from her phone.

"Oh hi Finnly" she said, "I forgot to ask, how was New York?" she said, a small sly smile on her face.

I plastered on a fake grin, "Oh it was amazing, I really loved it"

lie.

"I'd go back there in a heartbeat"

lie.

She took a strand of her hair and started twirling it around her finger.

All she needed was a lollipop to really complete the picture of 'spoiled brat'.