CHAPTER TEN

M I L E S  P O V

Just three days until Tyrone's wedding and I'm sitting with Kia talking to the doctor about the operation. "Kia, we scheduled for the procedure this afternoon," Donny said to her as he looks at both of us. 

Held her trembling hand when she speaks, "I wasn't expecting this," Kia said to him. "Kia, we need to do this soon," Donny explained to her. "Kia, babe I'll be right here and my father is collecting the children from school and nursery," I said kissing her cheek.

She smiles takes a deep breath and nods as she glanced at her hands. "We will get you ready and settled into a room," Donny said as he stands and gestures us to follow him. 

Watching Kia, I could see she is afraid because she couldn't make eye contact with anyone. 

Arrived in a room where she is getting ready for surgery and still won't glance at me, "Kia, I love you," Step closer to her as I pulled her into my arms kissing the top of her head. 

A short while later, a nurse collected Kia for her OP, "Miles, I love you," Kia said before leaving the room. 

The door closed, and I stared at it, combing my fingers through my hair with thoughts of what could happen to her. 

Shake my head and stood by the window staring at the blue sky, hoping it will be all right and we can get back to normal.

But what is normal? Since being with Kia, it's never been normal or even had a day run smoothly for us.

Gazed at my mobile as it rings to see it's Tyrone, "Hey, mate how's it going?" He asked, "Kia, not back yet. It's been an hour," I said. "Miles, if you need any of us just give us a shout and the girls said if Kia needs them they will come," "Tyrone, I know you guys are always there for me. Thanks, mate," We end the call and I turn to sit on the chair.

My eyes closed for a few minutes and I could see Kia stood in her wedding dress with a small baby bump. 

Gazed into her eyes as we stood on the yacht the third time we married and she was carrying Kyra. A memory I will always remember and the way our eyes locked with love.

My eyes open when the door flies open and Kia is fast asleep in the bed as they place the bed back in the room. 

The nurses smiled and set up monitors, "Donny is on his way to see you," The nurse said and left.

Stepped over to Kia and take her hand as I kissed her lips, "I love you, babe," I whispered and lifted my head when Donny steps into the room.

He glanced at me, "Miles, we got the lump but we need to do more tests. I've taken biopsies and will have the results in a few days," Donny informs me. "What are you telling me?" My tone is low and I'm afraid what his next words will be. "Miles, we won't know until the results come back, but please brace yourself for the worse," He pauses for a second, "Kia had more than one lump. It's more than likely the cancers spread," He finally tells me. 

Gasping for air and stepping back with my hand over my mouth, knowing the dream I had is becoming real. "What about chemo?" I asked, "Chemo will only buy her a few months extra. I will try everything I can," He replies and places his hand on my shoulder. Shake my head and he leaves.

Glanced at Kia's beautiful face, "Kia, you need to fight please," I said as she laid sleeping. Placed my head on her hand and fought back my tears.

No matter what I do I'm going to lose the woman I love and my children are going to be without a mother. Can't go through this, not the way Kia died in my arms and the way my children cried for her.