CHAPTER THREE

M I L E S  P O V

Devastated Kia kept this from me, not telling me she was unwell again. But that's my fault, I left her when she needed me the most. Shocked to find Kia's fighting for her life the last two years. 

I love her so much. We have arranged for her to spend her remaining time at the cabin. My father insisted on using the plane to give her more time. 

Her doctor hands me a bag filled with her meds. We are on our way to the airport to fly to the cabin. Lift Kia from the limo to carry her up the steps of the plane. Our children are coming so Kia can have what little time she has with them too. Buckle her in, Kyra looks at her. "Mummy, we are on a plane." Kia struggles to lift her head to look at her.

"I know, baby. Make sure you are strapped in tight," Kia said with a smile. Drake keeps asking for Kia, holding his arms out. I turned away to look out the window, trying to control my feelings. Tyrone puts his hand on my shoulder. Closed my eyes for a few seconds to compose myself, shake the feeling.  

Feel extremely guilty for what happened between Kia and I. Just want to make it right before she took her last breath.

**********

We arrive at the cabin. Carry Kia into the lounge to lay her on the sofa. "I will sort out the children." She smiles at me. Places the oxygen mask over her nose and lips. Tyrone, Ross and Jax prepare dinner. 

The children run around the cabin playing with their toys. "Miles, did you invite the girls?" Kia asks while looking at the guys. "I will, but let's get you settled," I tell her.

"I'd like to sit by the lake." Pick her up to walk towards the lake. Sit with Kia on my lap, wanting to hold her tight. "Dinner shouldn't be too long," I said kiss her head. She reaches up takes her wig from her head. "I've been like this for eighteen months." Kiss her while holding her tight to my body. 

When dinner is ready, walked back to the cabin. Sit Kia on the sofa our children sit with her she hugged them so tightly. Could see the tears in her eyes. She shook her head at me. Walked into the kitchen where the guys are sitting looking gloomy. 

Shake my head as I sit at the table. Kia slowly walks in with our children she sits them at the table. Drake is smiling, Kia is making faces at him. Kyra sits next to me Kia sits next to her. She had her babies either side of her. We have something to eat and when we finished cleaned the kitchen. 

Kia is sitting with the children on the sofa when I heard her talking to them. "Daddy is going to make you a big doll's house, mummy drew. Drake mummy drew you a garage so you can play for hours. Kyra, always look after your brother. Always tell daddy how much you love him."

"I will mummy," Kyra said in her sweet voice. Sit at the table in the kitchen the guys sit with me. We listen to Kia talking to the children. "I want you to remember how much I love you. Kyra, you will need to remind your brother how much I love him. Remember, I will always be in your hearts and your memories. I love you no matter what."

"I will mummy. I love you." "I know, baby. I will take your love with me." The guys look at me they had tears falling the same as me. "I love her," I whispered to them they walked over to me we hugged like brothers.

*************

K I A  P O V

Helped Miles put the children to bed. Exhausted from the journey just wanted to rest my body. "Miles, I need to rest," I said gasping for breath. "Kia, take my room. I will sleep on the sofa." "No. I will sleep on the sofa." Walk to the lounge, laid on the sofa with the oxygen on fall asleep.