CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

M I L E S  P O V

Pacing the room waiting for word on how Kia is doing in surgery. I'm on edge not hearing a single word and she's been gone for four hours.

Turned to face the window when the door opens and I spin around hoping to see a doctor or a nurse but it's the guys.

"Miles, any word?" Jax asked.

"Not heard a goddamn word and I'm going crazy waiting," I said, as I run my fingers through my hair.

"It must be going well if you've heard nothing," Ross replies and takes a seat.

"Come on mate, Kia is strong and a fighter," Tyrone reassures me.

"Yes, she is a fighter but the last four weeks have made me crazy worrying about this day." They all nod, and we sit in silence for a while.

"Kyra and Drake are having a swell time with the girls in the park," Tyrone said nodding at me.

"Kyra, asked me questions last night about the op and I froze. How the hell can you tell a six-year-old or even explain it when I don't know myself?" My words are low. Placed my face in my hands.

"The best way is to tell her is the truth. You know how children listen to adults. Come on, we were always told to never butt in on an adult conversation." Ross said.

"I know Ross. But being a parent comes with its own set of challenges. I'm just dreading the day she comes home telling me she's got a boyfriend." They all laugh.

"Now that's scary," Jax said.

"You think," I said, and he pats me on the back.

"Mate, you still got a few years to prepare yourself." Tyrone just had to say it.

"Not long enough when it comes to having a daughter," I say, shaking my head.

"Any case you always have us for backup." Ross smiles as he speaks.

Without these guys, I would be a total wreck and drink myself into oblivion and beyond. I'm grateful to have friends who have my back and I call my brothers.

"So, when are we heading to the cabin for this much-needed break?" Tyrone asks.

"When Kia, gets the okay from her doctor," I say and sit in the spare seat, resting my head back and closing my eyes for a few seconds.

"Maxine, said it would be good to get away from the hustle of the city," Ross said.

"I think the girls only want to get away so they get us alone," Jax said, and we laughed.

"Well, Alba got all excited when I mentioned it. And now she won't shut up." Tyrone said, shaking his head.

"Kia, loves it because it's peaceful and she can relax." Smiled as the door opens and Donny steps into the room.

He approached me, placing his hand on my shoulder, giving me a little squeeze. "Miles, it took longer than I'd hoped it would. She's in recovery. Kia's doing fine but she will be sore for a while. Make sure she rests." He said, and I rest my face in my hands with relief.

The guys stand and hug me each of them patting my back. "Thank the angels for keeping her safe," I whispered.

*****

Five hours later Kia is back in the room just coming round from the op and still moaning with pain. "Fuck, I feel like a train hit me," she grumbles.

"Kia, babe you will feel pain. You had a very big operation plus new tits." She shoots me a look.