CHAPTER FIFTEEN

M I L E S  P O V

Find it hard to digest what Kia said about the chemo not working hit my heart like a million knives going through it. 

Kissed Kyra on the head and tucked her in after reading a story but she catches my attention. "Daddy, is mummy going to leave us?" Turned to sit on the bed with my heart in my throat. She sits up with her beautiful big blue eyes gazing at me.

"Kyra, mummy isn't leaving us. What makes you think she is?" She places her small hands on her lap.

"Mummy cries all the time, and she's got cancer." Shake my head and take my daughter in my arms to hug her little body with so much love.

The pain I'm in is hurting deep inside me.

"Baby, you have nothing to worry about. Mummy is getting the best treatment there is." I feel like I'm lying to my daughter and she needs to learn the truth, but she's only five.

"Don't people die when they have cancer?" My lord, what a question to ask me, and my heart skipped a few beats.

"Come here, princess." Sit her on my lap and cuddle her close to me. "Some people die and some don't. It's very hard to explain." I didn't have a clue what else to say I'm at a loss.

"Will I get cancer?" Kyra certainly knew how to hit my heart right in the middle where it bleeds for her words. 

"You can't catch cancer it's not like catching a cold from Drake or your friends. It's more complicated than that." She kisses my cheek and settles back into bed.

Pulled her quilt over her and kiss her forehead. "Love you, princess," She smiles and rolls to her side, closing her eyes.

Closed her door quietly and leant against it, rubbing my face. It must be hard for her listening to me and Kia talking about it all the time.

Stepped into our bedroom to group chat with the guys for some support.

"Miles, you don't normally video chat unless something is up?" Tyrone said.

"Yeah, mate what's up?" Jax adds.

"We are here spill," Ross said.

"I just had a very interesting conversation with my daughter," I begin and the guys all nod.

"Kyra, is a smart kid," Tyrone said.

"Certainly knows how to wrap me around her little finger," Jax said and we laugh.

"Uncle Jax is so special," Ross is mocking him.

"I forgot how much she listens to me and Kia talking. She asked if Kia was leaving us." They shake their heads.

"Mate, that's some serious shit," Ross adds. 

"I know and I basically lied to her." Rubbed my face and sit back in the seat looking at the computer screen with my mates staring at me.

"Miles, what makes you think you lied?" Jax asked.

"I told her mummy is not leaving, and she asked about the cancer." I sighed.

"Hey, mate come on. Don't beat yourself up." Tyrone says.

"Why don't we give Kyra a big bash for her birthday to take her mind off it and let her be a little girl." Jax is right.

"Look guys thanks for being there for me. I will catch you all up tomorrow at brunch." They all nod and we end the group chat.

*****