CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

M I L E S  P O V

My eyes blink open and realise I'm laid on my bed at my father's house in my suit. The suit I wore to Kia's funeral and when I raise my head to gaze at my mobile my heart shattered.

It's the day of her funeral and after all, what I just dreamt of appeared so real. My tears cloud my eyes as I rise to my feet to dampen my face.

Gazed into the mirror with emptiness filling my entire body. Sucked a breath and left the room to spend time with my children.

Gazed at the stairs as I take one at a time with images of Kia and I stood on the very stairs on our wedding day. 

We had a minor disagreement about a song for our first dance and when we entered the hall we smiled like nothing thing had happened.  

Reached the bottom when Drake runs up to me. "Daddy," He calls out and charges straight into my legs. 

"Hey bud," I said, picking him up and hugging him. "We should find your sister," I add, and he plays with my tie.

Stepped out the back to see the same faces who attended the funeral and my father stood talking to a girl who had her back to me.

Noticed Kyra on the climbing frame with two little boys who I don't recognise. "Teddy, follow Charlie," Kyra said, grinning at these two little boys who can't be more than just over a year old.

"Kyra, who are your little friends?" I was confused I didn't notice any other children at the funeral.

"Daddy, you are funny," She said chuckling at me and drake shakes his head. "Okay, it's a long day, princess," I replied.

"Grown-ups." She rolls her eyes. "Kyra, you are just like your mother," I respond, and she helps the two little boys who look identical.

"Drake, do you want to play?" He nods at me as I stand him on the climbing frame. Stepped back to have Tyrone step beside me.

"Thought you could do with something stronger." He hands me a large brandy.

"Cheers, mate I need it," I respond, taking a considerable mouthful as Jax and Ross join us.

"Don't let the girls catch us drinking. After last night's incident, I doubt I'll be allowed out with you guys again." Ross said and peers over his shoulder.

"What happened last night?" I inquired, watching Kyra and Drake.

"Miles, mate you were hammered. I'm astonished you can even walk after the amount we drunk," Tyrone tells me.

"I can't remember last night. I had a shower put the children to bed got my suit ready and slept." My tone is filled with uncertainty and the guys stare at me.

"Miles, mate you weren't at home last night. Fuck you consumed a lot." Jax adds, leaning close to me to glare into my eyes. "Are you alright mate?" Jax adds.

"I've dreaded this day for the last two weeks." They shake their heads and finish their brandy.

Stepped back a little to sit on the bench still maintaining a view of my children. 

Drake was playing with the two little boys and then another child climbs on the frame and Tyrone stands. 

"Okay slugger you are too small for the slide," He said and picks the little boy up who giggles.

Tyrone swings him around over his shoulder, and I gaze at him, rubbing my face. What the fuck is going on?

"Miles, mate you look white," Ross said and the guys shoot me a glance.