CHAPTER ELEVEN

K I A  P O V

It's the day of Tyrone's wedding, and I'm getting Kyra ready in her bridesmaid dress. Brush her hair ready to style it as I'm lost in thought, "Mummy, is daddy meeting us at the church?" She asked, and I blink my tears away. 

Stopped to turn her to face me as I sit to talk to her, "Kyra, daddy will be standing at the front next to uncle Tyrone, uncle Jax and uncle Ross." I answered, smiling at her to hide my sorrow.

Kissed her cheek, "You look so beautiful," I add as my phone rings. Gazed at my mobile, not wanting to answer the doctor. 

Take a deep breath and slide my finger over the screen to answer, "Hi, Donny," I said and stepped outta the room to talk in private.

Enter the kitchen to rest my back against the counter, "Kia, the test results are not good. The cancer spread." Gasped for breath as my knees buckled and I fall to the floor. 

My heart stopped, and my body ran cold. "Kia, I need you to see me so we can talk about what other options you have." "Okay, let me know when," I whispered and gasped as my tears fell.

Rise to my feet to end the call and stared outta the window at the perfect blue sky as I watched two white doves fly by.

Quickly wiped my eyes as Kyra steps into the kitchen and I compose myself. Can't be sorrowful today or think about the phone call. 

This is Tyrone's wedding and I will not put dampers on it. I need to smile and be brave just for today. 

But how the hell do I break this to Miles? How do I put it into words without it sounding so sorrowful?

"Kyra, can you give Drake his bottle for me please while I change," She nods and takes the bottle from me as I walked up the stairs to change for the wedding. 

Stepped into the bathroom as I damped my face and gazed at Miles's cologne on the side. 

I needed to smell it just to have him close to me and I burst out crying as I fall to the floor hugging myself and rocking.

"Why me? What Did I ever do to you to fuck me over like this?" I'm angry with the way my life is heading and I know deep down this is my last fight. It's a sense this is the end, the end of my entire existence and when I'm gone who will remember Kia Winston?

Leant against the wall and pull a towel from the side to wipe my face, "Can't sit here when I have a wedding to get to," Stand to get ready.

Slipped my dress suit on and stared at myself in the mirror. Wonder what I would look like if I had no breasts? 

Would Miles, still see me the same, or would I repulse him? Shake my head not wanting to imagine what he would say if my body changed so drastically.

Would I be any less of a woman if my breasts are removed? I don't have the answers to my questions, and I can't even speculate how Miles would feel.

Smoothed my dress to sit right and slip my shoes on ready to leave.

******  

Arrived at the church with the children and the head bridesmaid collected Kyra to take her to a small room where the bride awaits. 

Take my seat with Drake as Miles steps over to me, "You look beautiful," He whispers as he kisses me. He smoothes over Drake's head and kisses him before stepping back to Tyrone.  

Sit Drake on my lap and hand him a toy to play with to keep him quiet. The organist begins to play the traditional wedding tune and Alba walks down the aisle towards Tyrone.