CHAPTER ONE

M I L E S P O V

"Kyra, come on sweetheart mummy's waiting for us." My eight-year-old daughter is taking her time to get ready to return to her mother. Had already put my three-year-old son Drake in his car seat. Kyra steps out from the condo; she looks up at me with her beautiful smile.

"I am ready now." She is so like Kia with her shoulder-length black hair. She has Kia's beauty, her eyes are a light blue and stand out. Just dreading the day she comes home to tell me she has a boyfriend. I will certainly interrogate him. She climbs into the range rover sits on her booster seat puts her seat belt on. Lock up the condo, jump in the driver's seat to put my seat belt on to drive over to Kia's.

Kia and I have not lived together for two years. I still own Kia's company plus her house. She went to work back at the cafe plus she rents a small three-bed house. She wanted nothing from me, she wouldn't take her company or house. She said she is happier without all the material things. 

We are still in love, it's me who left for what I did. When our son was born three years ago, Kia went through a tough time it strained the marriage. When Drake turned nine months old, I attended Tyrone stag party. Yep, Tyrone married two years ago. I'm at the stag party the drinks are flowing. We arranged for a stripper for Tyrone. 

When she showed up, she did her dance for him I'm drunk, have no idea why? But I banged her. Woke the next morning with this stripper totally naked sleeping next to me. Knew I did something I shouldn't have. Walked to the bathroom to see my discarded condom, devastated by what I did. 

When I returned home, enter the lounge to sit on the sofa, Kia looked at me she knew. She wasn't upset or angry at me, she just carried on as if nothing happened. Couldn't handle what I did to Kia, the guilt was eating me up. 

After Tyrone's wedding, we spoke told her how guilty I felt moved out into my condo. Kia rented a smaller house, she made sure I would see the children as often as I could, they stay with me every weekend.

*****************

Pull up to Kia's house take Drake out of his seat grab their bags. Kyra walks up to the door opens it to walk in. I walk up to the door to step inside close the door behind me. "Kia." Shout while placing Drake on his feet, he runs over to his toys. 

Step into the kitchen, which is not big grab a coffee. See a bouquet of red roses in a vase on the windowsill frowned turned around. Kia stands with her arms folded across her chest in a mini skirt strappy top. Her body is still fucking hot drives me crazy. Feeling so guilty for what I've done. We stayed friends.

"Miles." She walks towards me, steps around gets a cup grabs a coffee. "Nice flowers." I look at her she smiles. "They are very nice, from Sable." She walks towards the lounge. The children are playing I follow. "Mummy, mummy," Drake says while he runs to her. She sits on the sofa picks him up smothers him in kisses. "I hope you were good for daddy." She said.

"He didn't want a bath," Kyra says sits with Kia. Kia hugs her, kisses her. "Drake, you are a little devil." She tickles him he giggles away, stands back up to play with his toys. "Kia the guys and I are going up to the cabin next weekend for a week." Sip my coffee. "So, you will not be able to have the children." She sounds off with me.

"They were going to take their partners; you are welcome to come." She looks at me stands walks back out to the kitchen. I follow her. "Miles. I can't take time off. I still have rent to pay. I have a big bill I need to pay. Now I need to find a sitter to watch them while I work." Kia turns away from me looks out the window into the small yard.