CHAPTER SIXTEEN

M I L E S  P O V

Woken from a deep sleep with Kyra jumping on the bed. "Daddy, it's my birthday today." She says, jumping to wake me.

"I know and now daddy is wide awake and needs a coffee to start his day." She shakes her head as she rolls her eyes at me. My god, it reminded me of Kia and the way she would roll her eyes at me.

Smirked just as Kia enters the room, placing Drake beside me, and he dribbles on my face. "Guess the kids want me to get up," I said as Kia steps into the bathroom to spray her wig.

"Miles, I've been up four hours already with Drake." "Why didn't you wake me?" I asked as I swing my legs outta the bed.

"It's too late now, but he's teething and I couldn't get him settled, so we went for a walk around the block." Stared at her, wondering how the hell she's got so much energy?

"Kia, you are going to wipe yourself out before the day's over. And it's Kyra's party today." She shrugs her shoulders as I enter the bathroom, passing Drake to her. "I'm going to need a shower in peace," I said facing Kyra who wonders out the door.

Kia kisses me on the cheek and leaves.

Stood in the shower enjoying the warm water hitting my skin, closed my eyes to rub my face and my mobile rings. 

"To hell with it. It can ring." I mumbled and carried on washing my hair and my body.

When I was done, I stood in front of the mirror, noticing my stubble. Debating to shave or to just leave it. Shake my head and grab the electric razor only to find Kia's been using it again.

I swear I bought her one, but she insists mine is better. Slowly shave away at my stubble when my mobile rings again. 

Nope, it can wait until I'm done shaving. But the goddamn thing won't stop ringing. I'm getting angry and all my muscles tense.

When I'm finally done, I grab my mobile to see Grea's number showing. "Grea, is everything all right?" I asked, knowing she's due to have her baby soon.

"Yes, I'm okay. I'm at the hospital with Geff just getting checked out." She replies.

"Are you sure you are all right?" I'm concerned she still got four weeks to go.

"I'm fine, but Geff is a nightmare. Anyway, I won't be able to make Kyra's birthday but I've given Sable all the details for the upcoming week and the emergency contact numbers." She tells me.

"Okay, just let me know how it goes and tell Geff to stop panicking." She laughs.

"How the hell did you know?" She laughs.

"Been there twice before and panicked both times." She laughs at me and we end the call.

Stepped into the closet to grab black jeans and a dress short-sleeved shirt. Slide my trainers on and head to the kitchen to have breakfast.

*****  

Grabbed a coffee and breakfast, sit at the table when Kia enters the room with Drake on her hip. "Grea called to let me know she's in hospital." She stops and places Drake in his chair.

"Four weeks early. Is she all right?" Kia asked.

"She said she was. Butt Geff is a nightmare." I respond.

"I know how that feels. I wanted to kill you for just asking me if I was all right but you could clearly see I was in a lot of pain." She points at me.

"Okay, I panicked and didn't have a clue what to expect." Make a face and she laughs.

"You can keep telling yourself that, but you did the same thing when I had Drake." She laughs, knocking at my ego.