CHAPTER SEVEN

M I L E S P O V

Being at the office just made me think of Kia and what she's going through. I tried to focus on doing some work. But my mind is focused on my wife. Shook my head, clasped my fingers behind my head. The door opened. Looked over to see Kia stood with drake sitting on her hip. Rise to my feet to walk over to her. 

Take Drake from her arms, kissing her and kissing Drake on the head. She closes the door. Sits on the sofa. Drake is on my lap sitting behind the desk playing with my tie like he always does. "Is everything all right?" Concerned why she is here. She doesn't normally pay me a visit at the office. This visit is outta the blue.

"Miles, we didn't have time to talk this morning about what is going on." She looks upset. Placed Drake on the floor with some of his toys. Stepped towards Kia when she stands. The look on her face is confusing me. Not sure what she wanted to say. "Do you want to talk now?" My voice is calm. She is agitated, walking around the office.

"Miles, I can't do it. I can't go through with the surgery. Not just yet." My heart is beating fast with the way she is acting with what she is telling me. Fear sets into my entire being, knowing what would happen to her. 

I could understand if she is scared. I don't want to relive seeing her die. Taking her last gasp of air. 

"Kia, you need the surgery." My voice is slightly raised almost demanding. She stands by the window, looking up at the sky. Glanced at Drake, walk towards her. She turns to put her hands up to stop me from stepping closer to her. 

Shake my head. "Please, Kia. I'm not ready to lose you." Begging pleading with her. She closes her eyes for a few seconds. When she opens them, I see her tears drop to her cheeks. Stepped closer, using my thumbs to smooth her soft skin where the tears fell. She is scared, but so am I.

"I have no more fight in me. I can't fight." Her voice is low like a whisper. Take her in my arms, trying to hold back my own tears. Fighting the anger building inside me for what she is going through. Trying to hide my fear. Wanting her to be stronger, to fight.

"I promise I will be with you. I will help you fight this." Cupped her cheeks softly tilting her back so I could glance into her eyes. "I want you to fight. Do you hear me?" My voice trembled, knowing the dream could become reality. 

Cup her cheeks she nods. "I will not let you give up. I need you our children need you." Pull her back into my embrace feel her tremble. It made me realise she's scared. Kia's scared to do this alone. Kissed the top of her head. "I will pick Kyra up from school," I tell her she smiles we kiss before Drake demanded her attention.

She steps over to him bends to pick him up. He giggled from having his own way. Kia looks over at me with a beautiful smile. Watch her walk towards the elevator. Step to my seat to sit at my desk to finish some paperwork. My mind focused on the way Kia looked when she opened her eyes her tears fall. 

Close my eyes for a few seconds thinking about my dream. The way I held Kia in my arms while she took her last breath will always haunt me. The feeling I felt will always be there, it's not leaving my thoughts or my body. 

I need to support her making sure she is safe. I know Kia is scared to do this again, but she isn't alone, she will never be alone. I'm afraid I will lose her. She will not even try to fight. 

Her family will have to encourage her to fight I will push her to fight. My love for her is deeper than it ever was that will never change. The way my entire body feels when she is in my embrace, I have no words for. She is my life without her who am I?.

***********

K I A P O V

Scared to death of what is happening to me, trying to speak to Miles about my feelings didn't work. Nothing came outta my mouth, I wanted to tell him. No fight left in me to even fight this anymore. 

My body is aching I'm aching. This is a battle I will lose. I feel it. When or where I have no idea but it is a feeling I have deep in my core. A feeling I can't shake.

Arrived home to feed Drake his lunch grab a small bite for myself. Drake is tired, so I put him in his crib for a nap. Have the opportunity to draw a doll's house for Kyra and a garage for Drake. 

I have Tyrone's wedding to look forward to. The afternoon flew by and Miles walks in the door with Kyra. I'm so engrossed in drawing didn't realise the time.

Miles kisses my cheek glances at the paper with my drawings on. "Kia, they are amazing." Peering at him, his shocked expression is unsettling. "I asked my father to cover the meetings for the next four weeks. Thought we could get away to the cabin before you have the OP next week." Turn to face him with a smile. He knows it's my favourite place to be.

"Are the family coming?" He nods takes me in his embrace kissing me for the longest time. A much-needed break from what is going on. Giving us time to think before making any rational decisions. "I will pack a few things." Excitement consumed me. 

Couldn't wait to be in peace and beautiful surroundings. Miles shows me a cheeky grin while I walked towards the stairs.

************

The car is loaded the children are strapped in their seats. Miles gets in the driver's seat and we drive off to meet the others before heading to the cabin. It's a four-hour journey. I'm hoping Drake will sleep most of the way. Kyra is watching a film on the built-in DVD players, which are on the headrests of the front seats. I'm reading a book while Miles drives.

We have been on the road for some time, and Drake is getting fussy. "Call Tyrone". Miles said to his built-in car-speaker. Gaze over my shoulder to look at Drake trying to make him happy. "Yes, mate." Tyrone answers. Kyra is annoyed with her brother crying. Trying my best to settle him. "We need to stop, Drake is hungry," Miles tells him.

"We will fallow you." They hang up. Miles glances at me with a smile. He checks his mirrors drives off at the next junction to stop at the services. Pulls into a car bay. Open my door to slide to my feet to sit in the rear to feed Drake. 

Place the small blanket over my shoulder so I could breastfeed my son. 

Miles gets Kyra and they stroll down with the guys towards the shops. Drake is having a belly full. Hope he will last a couple of hours until we reach the cabin. When he finished changed him, put him back in his seat with one of his toys. Slide from the rear to sit in the front passenger seat and wait for Miles to return.

Miles strolls back opens the door passing me a takeaway tea. He opens the rear door for Kyra to sit in her seat. He places his cup down straps her in her seat sits in the driver's seat. Takes a few mouthfuls of his coffee and we set off again. "Is Drake all fed now?" He looks in his interior mirror at him.

"He had a belly full." Replying to him. We turn on the motorway with Tyrone and Ross following behind us.

****************************

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER

WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS

THANK YOU FOR READING 

WILL UPDATE WEEKLY