CHAPTER EIGHT

M I L E S P O V

We arrived at the cabin with little daylight on our side, but on the plus side; the weather is pleasant. Kyra couldn't wait to jump out and run to the door. It's late in the evening when we arrived. Kia got Drake from his seat walked into the cabin. 

Grab our bags, take them straight up to our rooms. Tyrone and Alba went straight to their room. Ross and Maxine were mucking around outside. Jax and Vivian enter the cabin went straight up to their room too. 

Making my way to the kitchen to see Kia holding Drake ready to put him up to bed. "I will feed him and hopefully he will sleep." Kiss her cheek. Sit with Kyra while she's eating something. 

A while later the girls stayed in the cabin while us guys went to sit by the lake with a few beers. We're chatting about Tyrone's wedding plus the dream. Want to forget all the details of my dream. 

It's hard now we are at the cabin sitting right where it happened. Gaze out over the lake to see the calmness with no breeze. My thoughts fogged with the way I held Kia tight when she took her last breath. The entire ordeal is raw, repeating in my mind, wanting the images to stop.

A memory I want to forget and wish I never had the dream. Looked back to the cabin with a clear image of the dream. Couldn't shift the feeling from my body. Finishing my drink, Tyrone stands looks over at me. 

"Miles, are you all right?" He asks. Shifting my body on the lounger. My eyes trail from him to the lake. Shake my head. They pull the loungers closer to me to sit. "We are here for you, mate," He adds.

"It felt too real." Pausing for a second. "It was here where I lost her and she took her last breath. Not letting anyone take her from me." Tears fall. "Holding her for two hours after she died." Wipe my eyes they all lean forward placing a hand on my shoulder giving reassurance. 

Memories are all I have also regret for what happened at Tyrone's stag night. So, relieved I left early to return home and spend the night with my wife. Finished my drink looked at the guys. They look upset from what I have said.

Perhaps coming to the cabin is not such a good idea. This is the place Kia asked to be. It's her favourite place to be. She likes the quietness. We have a couple more drinks before heading into the cabin with the girls. 

Kia had already retired to bed. Said night to everyone before heading to bed. Reached our door take a deep breath opened the door to see Kia's feeding Drake. She smiled. "I'm having a shower," I said, grabbing a couple of towels. 

Stepped into the bathroom to have a much-needed shower. When I'm done dried brushed my teeth step into the bedroom to see my beautiful wife reading her book. "Miles, Drake should sleep all night," Kia's soft sweet voice sends a warm shiver down my back. 

Smile as I took my towel to throw in the hamper. Slide my shorts on and pulled the quilt back to slide into bed. Placed my arm over Kia while she reads her book just like I always do. Closed my eyes and fall asleep in no time. 

*********** 

My eyes flicker open with the sun shining into the room. Roll to my back rubbed my face and stretched. Looked to Kia's side of the bed and she's not there. Lift my head slightly to see if she is in the bathroom. Couldn't hear anyone in the bathroom. 

Swing my legs out to rest my feet on the wooden floor. Stand to walk to the bathroom to do my morning routine. When I'm done dressed to make my way to the kitchen. Couldn't see anyone around. Stepped to the door to open it. Looked down to the lake to see Kia in her bikini with the children.