二 brains & brawns.

‎‎

‎‎

𝕮𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝕿𝐖𝐎
𝖇𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝖇𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐧𝐬.

‎‎

‎‎

ENDLESS IDLE OF WARM COLORS painted the canvas that were graced with sky blue and pure milky whites. her purple umbrella shielded her from whatever known sunlight the heavens had emitted from above. she stood beneath the sunlight, e/c eyes shining underneath the darkness.

what had puzzled most people was how calm and nonchalant she stayed in front of the invincible mikey.

mikey.

he had a killer smile painted on his face, almost as bright as the summer sun, where it would never reach the winter moons.

the more he stared at her, the more his smile would slowly fade away in such a slow motion that it would soon turn into a look of weariness.

something about her made him feel uneasy, it was probably how blank and empty her eyes looked underneath the shade. her eyes alone too, reminded him of someone.

"you look like yato. what are you doing here, and introduce yourself, yeah?" he said, putting back up the smile he gave her while stuffing his hands into his pockets.

the girl said no other words. rather, she made her way towards the boy and took his hands in hers, dropping the packet into his palms. losing no more time of precious life, she did not hesitate to turn her back on him, walking away silently.

"oi who the fuck are you to walk a—"

"ken-chin, i'll handle her!" mikey stopped his friend, his vice-president of the tokyo manji gang and scratched his head, letting a bead of sweat trickle down his forehead. with an awkward smile, he said, "you sure are an ice queen aren't you?" following after y/n.

"don't talk to me," she replied monotonously, glancing behind, "don't even look my way."

mikey was taken aback by her choice of words. the female yato lookalike was more different than the niwa he knew. she was much more difficult to approach and converse with. that, he knew from the stories his friend had always told him about the girl.

there was nothing he couldn't do, so he simply shrugged. "hmmm… no! you're pretty interesting, so why should i not talk to you and look your way?"

"what?" she responded, tilting her head slightly. interesting…? she was aware of how and how many might have developed a passionate hatred for her— thus giving her offensive nicknames.

but the boy that she thought would be most disrespectful, was saying that she was interesting. it was something… new.

“i heard you’re a prodigy, a gifted and chosen kid,” he said, taking a piece of the snack out from the bag and extended his hands out, “and you’d be the perfect brain to my brawn.” a smile surfaced on his lips. a genuine smile that was so welcoming and sincere, it was almost like the perfect lure of a cunning and crafty fox.

y/n could only hum in amusement and furled her umbrella to fully get a better view of the blond-haired boy. sunlight greeted and showered her amused eyes with rich and gold honey.

once the parasol was taken down, mikey found himself staring at her in awe. she who was now in a clear vision had the angels pour their blessing onto her. to him, she was a beauty, crafted by the celestial fingers of god, and he was blessed to even breathe the same air as hers.

“...niwa y/n, yato niwa’s sister.”

“i’m sano manjiro, but call me mikey! take the cheese sausage. we’re friends now!”

“no thank you, eat it,” she turned her back on him again, resting her umbrella on her shoulders. she wasn’t sure if she made the right or wrong decision; for being in a delinquent gang would strip her prodigious status down to a mere female delinquent.

it was risky, but sometimes life outside an academic mindset could be fun. whether it was going to be full of bloodlust, despair, fun, excitement and so on; time cannot be altered, for her.

"okeh…" he popped the snack into his mouth and quickly munched on it, a moan of happiness he let out. "umai…!"

time is of essence, hence the girl wasn't going to waste anymore of it. so she waved him a good-bye and headed off. y/n couldn't help but let out a soft scoff. she didn't stopped moving forward even when mikey shamelessly called out a nickname that would be hers for all of eternity;

"see ya tomorrow, brainy-chan!"

"never call me that ever again."