五 invitations.

‎‎

‎‎

𝕮𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝕱𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝖈𝐚𝐟𝐞́𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝖎𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬.

‎‎

‎‎

THE MUSASHI FESTIVAL was coming up soon— on the third of august, 2005. unbeknownst to y/n, the boy already had goals to attend the festival with her serving as his date.

mikey simply wanted to spend more time with her, since he did not really have the time to do so, due to her recent inactivity.

the boy let out a frustrated sigh, kicking a tiny lonely rock that rests on the ground of the road. for some reason, he was itching— no, dying to see her face again. and he wasn't able to contact her, nor will yato allow him to talk to her.

confusion and more frustration built up inside the boy more when yato said 'no, i won't allow you to see her,' but the older male explained. y/n had to focus more on her academy's upcoming exams and she prioritised that more than anything.

"stupid school. stupid system. stupid teachers. stupid—"

"student council?" the voice mikey so wanted to hear all this time said that made him flinched in surprise. "BRAINY-CHAN!" his reaction was an instant exclamation, as he attempted to tackle her into a hug.

y/n grabbed him by his face, preventing him from coming closer to her as he felt his face twist by her hands. what a strong girl, he thought to himself and backed away, sensing the uneasiness from her.

"ehe… sorry, forgive me, brainy-chan…" travis scott moment

"stop calling me brainy-chan and i'll forgive you," she brushed her clothes that were a few inches away from having friction with the man-child's fingers. he could only pout at her before smiling widely, "isn't this a coincidence?"

black eyes gazed upon a perfectly calming weather, occasionally travelling around to decipher the shapes of the white fluffy clouds. the skies only seemed to balance out whenever he was with her, and it would turn into a funny one when someone else interrupts them. it seemed to favour the two young teenagers.

y/n stole a glimpse of mikey's black orbs, which were embedded with the dreams of a child. those were the eyes of a lost child, seeking for the utmost precious love from a certain someone. a parent, maybe.

"i'm only going to a café to study," she interrupted him from his daydreaming and walked ahead of him. she clutched the books that were lounging around her arms tightly to her, a glint of hope shined inside her.

"and i'm coming with you!" mikey skipped towards her like a happy child. the all known hope disappeared into oblivion, where y/n would question her own body and mind now. it liked playing tricks on her. she sighed, never stopping to look behind. "then let's go."

ⵢ ₊ ˚ .

"woah… you sure know your modules…" the blond-haired boy said in awe, watching the girl scribble down messy and incomplete notes.

piles of papers were messily spreaded all over the table. a black pen was then spun in between her fingers, a reddish sore coming back to pay a visit to the prodigy.

"they're extra modules my homeroom teacher specially printed out for me," she explained, holding out one book that certainly managed to make his eyes pop out of its sockets. "i have to ace every subject, no matter what."

mikey was once again stunned. too stunned to even say out a single 'cool!' or a 'oh…', which was perfect, for y/n simply went back to jotting down notes. he had always known that the niwa family were of prominence, but mikey didn't understand why she had to study so hard when she was just in middle-school.

her face didn't look too pleased with the stress she held too. the dark circles around her eyes added contrast to her unique poetry alias of a moon. if one were to put it in a way, it looked as if she had just given her blessings to the moon worshippers.

and mikey wanted to find a way to ease her problem even in the slightest bit. therefore, he drowned himself in his own void of thoughts and spiralled an idea that just might help her.

the eyes of the darkest nights locked onto the girl in front of him. even when she looked so drained, busy, and stressed out, she unconsciously knew how to captivate and infatuate someone with her features alone.

it was an alluring sight.

"brain—"

"y/n."

"right, right. sorry, miss niwa, the all knowing child prodigy of japan," he sighed and cracked a small smile at her, noticing that she would stop her work just to have him say out her name. "you should toooootaaally go to the musashi festival with me on august third."

"i refuse. there will be a war outbreak amongst you delinquents. sipp." she replied the instant his lips were sealed together, meanwhile taking a sip out of her favourite drink. "plus, festivals are boring."

now you see, y/n was lying.

she absolutely adored and loved festivals that were filmed on televisions. yet, she never got a chance to attend one herself. to feel and take in the pleasure of a festival joy. it was just her trained and automatic response that would speak before thinking; they were always refusals to one's proposals.

"oh silly! you're coming whether you like it or not!!"

"oh."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

a/n: hi lol, life's good out here
when you touch grass lmao😼