十三 wishes.

‎‎

‎‎

𝕮𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝕿𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝖜𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝖈𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬.

‎‎

‎‎

FESTIVE MUSIC RANG through her ears, laughter echoing throughout the night. the air was filled with happiness and joy for the thirty-first of december, where the night of eve is celebrated by the whole of the universe.

the beautiful f/c kimono she wore hugged her body tightly, complimenting her figure. flowers ran across the sleeves, white designs synching with the main color. the silver scarf was an add-on, a gift from her brother. the whole outfit was beautifully perfect, suited for an event like this.

when she first showed up with her fingers fixing her loose strands behind her ears, the boy couldn't help but flushed bright pink at the sight of her in the kimono she wore. he looked around her hands and there it was, the silver bracelet to his golden one.

"i— uh... y-you look pretty..." he murmured softly under his breath, face growing even redder when he realised he had blurted out an embarrassing comment in front of all his friends. they watched as their leader got flustered, turning himself away with closed eyes.

mikey's friends knew that their short friend had a crush on her. it was obvious, from the way his eyes would flicker once he sees her, and the way he would act differently when he was around her.

they all wondered, when? when will something between them start to spark and what will happen? only the gods above in heaven knew what the answer was. but, everything was already beginning to bloom from their moments spent together on christmas.

the words of y/n still rang through his ears everytime he thought back to it. it didn't seem like she would be the type of person to say such things, but it managed to make mikey internally squeal at her words.

he had always to be a reason she would be happy— and he certainly succeeded the moment she told him he was warm, and that she liked the boy. he only gasped and flushed redder than ever, shocked, yet trying his best not to jump into the air like an idiot.

mikey's thoughts were interrupted when y/n cleared her throat, a light field of roses painting her cheeks like a canvas. manjiro's compliment brought her to ecstasy, as she felt a new feeling sparked inside her heart.

"thank you.."

"yea yea whatever stop being lovey dovey let's have some fun!" yato rolled his eyes, clapping loudly to break their moment— in which mikey glared at the older male. "i'm trying to—! well— agh! nevermind!" mikey ruffled his head in pure frustration, completely flustered at the beauty in front of him.

the said beauty scoffed and chuckled, going along with the group that started their exploration around the festival. there wasn't much happening between the girl and the boy, but he would occasionally win prizes for her and act proud.

she only won twice of what he had gotten for her with ease, making his jaw drop at the amount of toys in her arms, and a blank face that proved her skills worthy.

to say the least, mikey was jealous that a girl was destroying more game stalls than he was. but all that envy disappeared when she gave him a toy that resembled him, her stoic expression still visible.

after what felt like hours of playing at game stations and trying out different foods, everyone was gathered around the shrine entrance, waiting for something special to happen when takemichi and his group appeared.

"let's jump together, guys," mikey said with a smile on his face, as everyone else nodded and joined in the countdown.

"three!"

"two!"

"one!"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

in that moment, l/n y/n felt herself enjoying a celebration that always felt like any other normal day to her. it was her first time in forever feeling so much fun, around her new friends, and around the boy that she simply grew to fell in love with.

she wished for a year full of happiness.