三 umbrellas.

‎‎

‎‎

𝕮𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝕿𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
𝖚𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝖆𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬.

‎‎

‎‎

SANO MANJIRO WANTED TO meet her again. it had not even been a day, and he already barged in the private properties of the prestigious academy where the h/c-haired girl studied in.

he walked around, humming a happy tune of the birds to himself. people recognised him, they whispered among themselves and felt shivers slowly crawled down their spine. if the word 'shiver' had legs, it definitely is one to take it's sweet time touring around one's skin.

mikey was feared amongst students.

a familiar figure was spotted talking to two female students, giving them a warning about how they dress in a prominent school. the boy could see the enthusiasm behind the stoic face that she put up, and that she was proud of her position.

"brainy-chan!"

y/n glanced at the direction where the voice came from. a brow perked up at the boy who seemed to be skipping his own school to pay her a surprise visit. "you may go," she told the girls who nodded in understanding.

as they walked away, he came up to her and tilted his head. "whatcha doing?"

"my job. and stop calling me that."

"huhhhh… why!?" he exclaimed, going close to her face to examine it on closer inspection. he had not realised it, but students were staring at him in horror.

how could they not stare when a random middle-school kid suddenly appears out of nowhere just to harass their middle-school student council president?

"because it's weird. also, shouldn't you be at school?" she questions while her eyes never leave the papers that rest in her palms.

"it's always fun to skip school, y'know."

"mikey!" a familiar voice called out and the moment it rang through the boy's ears, he perked his head and smiled widely. "YATO-OJIIII~!!"

yato-oji…?

since when did the angel niwa yato, turn into a prince? and mikey was the one calling him one, which definitely made y/n wonder about his choice of nicknames for people. though, the nickname for her brother suited him well.

"what are you doing here, key-dude?" yato asked, his calming voice instantly draining both mikey and y/n's worries and stress, giving them a sudden pleasure of his angelic voice. it sounded so nice.

"paying a visit to brainy-chan!! i was bored, and ken-chin had some other things to do."

"ah— understandable. though, you'll only ruin her image here if you barge in and associate yourself with her." the older male nodded in agreement of himself, fingers placed in his chins. "so don't come here anymore and get out. or i won't buy you any more snacks."

"... ok boss."

y/n rolled her eyes before crushing the paper and tossing it away in a nearby trash can. this wasn't a conversation where she could converse in; otherwise, a mere waste of time. and the girl wasn't someone who liked the idea of inefficiency.

the sun seemed to have noticed the awkwardness where she was third-wheeled by the two males, so it moved its summer hues where they all stood, expecting something to happen, but nothing did.

mikey beamed away, pitless black eyes closed shut at the golden disc that planted blazing kisses onto his smooth and soft skin. he would then steal a glance at the girl, where she had disappeared from her spot.

growing weary, mikey looked around in curiosity, finally locking his vision into the hallways of the academy, the girl walking through it.

"hey ya-bro, your sister's..  kinda mysterious and cool…" he trailed off, those eyes of his never leaving her disappearing figure that grew smaller with each step she took.

maybe it was just a simple admiration, but he certainly felt an attraction blossoming inside of him. he was uncertain of the feeling. and yato could see the attachment that was embedded into his eyes.

"it's hot. you should leave soon." yato warned mikey who waved his hands lazily in reply, denying everything the niwa just warned him about. "this isn't about the weather, this is about ME and BRAINY-CHAN."

"ew, loVe—"

yato stopped mid-sentence and caught a long pair of byzantine-colored umbrella that could almost compare to an arrow. if he had not caught it just in time, his angelic and innocent face would've gone to waste.

but speaking too soon was useless, for another umbrella in a darker shade of purple flew past him and now it was mikey's turn to capture it. it happened so quickly, even mikey didn't have the time to catch a breath from yato's queue.

"ah… how thoughtful, y/n!" yato called out and the younger male shot her a huge grin. "thank you, brainy-chan!"

"it's y/n, not brainy-chan." she replied calmly and monotonously, but it wasn't a shout. her voice could be loud enough if tuned properly.

mikey was about to shout a response back, but he saw her balancing herself from the throws and turned her back on him.

where would there be a time where she would listen to his genuine words spoken just for her? it was a silly thought about someone whom he just met not long ago, but it was rather true.

"you fancy my younger sister now? just because she gave you her umbrella?"

"uhhh, maybe! also, her umbrella smells kinda nice…"

"oh really now? do you prefer the smell to be enhanced up your nose or up your ass?"