十四 horrors.

‎‎

‎‎

𝕮𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝕱𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
𝖍𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝖍𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐜𝐬.

‎‎

‎‎

TAKING WALKS AROUND the city was always something the niwa siblings did together. they didn't always have time for each other, so alternative ways were rare to spend. except this time, they decided to wander through the factory areas, where no one really went.

y/n was listening to her older brother talk about his upcoming projects and inventions for the bloodline, having to come up with something to please their father who was somewhere in the world.

she stayed quiet, like always, and having to listen to her brother's voice was like hearing the calming voice of an angel blessing her ears. the h/c-haired female never missed a thing yato said— his voice was simply too addicting.

yet there was something that kept fusing itself in between her mind and yato's voice. it clashed with her focus from time to time, giving her vivid images of a certain blond-haired male. the images made her heart flutter in a way she couldn't explain other than yato noticing. thus, he snapped his fingers in front of her face.

"you thinking about key-dude?" he asked, a mischievous smile displayed on his face.

the younger niwa blushed, only to control it as it died down not long, "that is none of your business. what were you saying?"

"i wanna invent a prototype rifle that you can shoot enemies from literally islands away. it'll be cool," the silver-haired male brushed a strand of his long hair behind his ear, swinging his hands in the air dramatically.

it was one of those rare occasions where he felt the need to let down his hair, giving it freedom and air. and on those occasions, y/n couldn't help but think her own brother looked beautiful. nevertheless, she was somewhat proud to have such a charming brother.

"if you sold it to a professional sniper, you'd own thousands if not millions," she replied, mixing and matching ideas into her head. her e/c eyes scanned the area that they had come out from the corner of a factory.

old and engraved memories that burned into her mind itched in her mind. she stood still, frozen at the sight she had laid her eyes on. y/n felt an indescribable feeling of terror sealed her throat— her face twisting into horror.

yato walked up beside her, curious as to why his sister froze in the middle of the walkway, only to share the mutual feeling of his younger sister. but his emotions were composed, unlike y/n's; who had started to mix against each other unstably.

the older sibling immediately placed his hands on y/n's shoulders, restraining her from doing anything rash. yato himself had never had such a terrified state of y/n before, where her stoic and blank gaze turned into a vengeful one.

"y/n, calm down."

her hands shook, going back and forth of what her next move was. but it only clutched together in a force, forming a fist full of hatred at the sight of kurokawa izana having his little disturbance for sano manjiro.

the siblings watched as the bleach blond-haired male walked away, a grin so dark and evil forming after the sugar-coated smile he gave mikey. his violet eyes meeting e/c ones before a smirk surfacing, as he disappeared soon after.

"i will kill him." y/n said through gritted teeth, feeling only negative emotions overtake her own soul, body and mind. she had never felt such feelings before, but as strong as any wrath, she could've sprinted over to izana and murder him in a flash.

the only thing restraining her from doing so was the touch of her brother on her shoulders, and the soon black eyes that recognized their presences.

mikey's eyes widened in worry and fear when yato did a bold move to side-chop his sister's neck, causing her to lose consciousness and fall into his arms. he immediately jumped down the pavement he sat on and ran to the two siblings.

"yato! why did you do that?!" mikey shouted, stopping right in front of the tall male who carried his unconscious sister piggyback. yato only looked down at mikey with a calm expression, simply telling the younger male, "she will wreak havoc."

the blond-haired male tilted his head, "wreak havoc?! what are you saying? you just chopped her neck!"

"calm down, mikey! i only hit her nerves that were connected to her consciousness to pass her out," yato interrupted, letting out a stressed out sigh. "her traumas are returning. she won't be keeping a soulless façade for long anymore."

"... what do you mean?"

"in other words, her mind will be messed up soon. as her brother, i will be keeping her in check. and i need your help, too."

never have mikey been so speechless for such things that came out of yato's mouth. his words were always cheerful or positive ones, but now they were something that put fear into mikey.

he understood that he had a task to fulfill. a task to keep the wrath out of check, and to finally understand what the niwa was saying. because as of now, all he knew was yato was giving him a worst possible scenario of what might happen to the female if she wasn't cared enough.