Sixteen

i might retire from wattpad after completing this story lmao

"well, well.. look who decided to show up."

yuna rolled her eyes at the male's statement, "fuck you. my whole mood is gone now thanks to that statement. i'm going back inside." she said, about to turn her heel before kai grabbed her arm, "i was just joking, chill. come on, or we'll miss the sunrise!" kai exclaimed.

"fuck the sunrise, i'm sleepy." yuna said, rubbing her eyes out of tiredness. "if you didn't want to come, then why show up?" kai asked, making yuna blush a little. fortunately due to the darkness, the pink tint on her cheeks remained unseen by the male idol.

"w-well, that's just because i thought you would've waited for me until i came! it would be rude to turn down your invitation without even telling you!" yuna stammered, making kai laugh a little, "oohh, are you concerned about me?" he teased, inching his face closer to yuna, making the girl's blush more evident.

yuna pushed kai by his chest away from her, "fuck off! you're giving me more reasons to not go!" she yelled. the male laughed, "i'm just kidding! anyways, lets go!" he exclaimed excitedly, pulling yuna by the wrist.

"where are we going?" yuna asked, hissing in pain from kai's tight grip. hearing her wince, the man decreased the power of his grip before replying, "the beach."

yuna tilted her head in confusion as she looked at the male who was still dragging her to who knows what beach, "beach? this early? are you like, okay?" she asked, voice laced with concern.

kai laughed, "first of all, we're seeing the sunrise. second of all, if we go in broad daylight, the egg incident might happen again!" he explained, shivering a little at the thought.

"not the egg incident-" yuna rolled her eyes, silently laughing at kai's face after he took the hit for her. kai was a mess, alright. mans took three showers and still couldn't get the egg smell off of him. not to mention the sticky hair from the egg as well. ew, gross.

"are you laughing at me?" kai asked in an offended tone. "for the record, that could've been you if i didn't save you!" he exclaimed.

yuna laughed, "we went over this a billion times, kai. i never asked you to save me, you did it on your own will! secondly, you're making yourself sound like some sort of superhero, it's ridiculous!" she said in between giggles.

"oh, shut up, shin." kai rolled his eyes. "no you shut up, hining or whatever your name is." yuna rolled her eyes, purposely messing up kai's name, making the male shove her away in annoyance.

after some time, the two finally arrived at the designated beach. it was deserted. only the sounds of the waves could be heard, as the moon glimmered in the distance. "it should be sunrise soon. let's sit there!" kai exclaimed, pointing towards the soft sand.

yuna reluctantly nodded as she hesitantly followed kai who was already happily sitting down on the sand. taking a seat beside him, yuna heard the man said, "look, the sun is going to wake soon!" he giggled.

"sorry to burst your bubble, but logically the sun doesn't sleep. for instance, if the sun "slept" then we will all be wiped out in a matter of minutes. why you ask? because without the sun, all the planets in our solar system would fall to dangerously low temperatures, hence no life can survive.

moreover, because the sun practically emits radiation which the earth absorbs from the north and south poles, the world would be spinning out of control due to the tidal waves being messed up." yuna started.

kai looked at her in disappointment as she continued, "tidal waves are the waves that help our planet balance and spin in a somewhat constant demeanor.

after the sun's disappearance, the planets would stop following their orbit pattern around the said star and travel off to space, becoming rogue planets— otherwise known as planets ejected from it's solar systems, causing extreme weather patterns—"

"ssh! you're ruining the moment!" the male idol exclaimed, shushing the girl. yuna laughed, "okay okay!" she giggled joyfully.

after a couple moments of comfortable silence, yuna sighed as the two stared at the rising sun, "it's pretty.." she mumbled. kai looked at her and smiled, "not as pretty as you, though." he thought.

a couple more minutes went by as the sun is now fully shining above the two. "we should probably get back now. people will start flooding the beach soon." yuna stated. kai looked at her in the eyes, "sure lets go!" he laughed and grabbed yuna's hands, intertwining her fingers with him which made her blush.

"you know, i really really like you." kai blurted out suddenly, making yuna halt in her tracks.

what..?
what kind of confession is that?

—end  of chapter sixteen