Eighteen

"yeah, man

"yeah, man. you definitely fucked up."

"hyung i fucking know that!" kai exclaimed at yeonjun who was on facetime with him. "that's exactly why i called you since i thought you could give me some kind of advice!" he exclaimed in distress, burying his face to one of the hotel pillows.

"and you're definitely not helping, dumbass." another voice said from the other line that kai identified as soobin. yeonjun was then greeted with a flying pillow to his face that was probably thrown by soobin.

a second later, the phone was snatched from yeonjun's hand, revealing a wet-haired soobin who looked like he just got out of the shower. "now, kai. what did you do?" soobin asked, ruffling his wet hair a little.

"i don't know, okay?? that's why i'm asking yeonjun hyung yet he could only say i fucked up!" kai exclaimed, dropping his phone on the bed as he laid there, staring at the ceiling.

"i told her that me confessing was a joke and she's not talking to me and has been avoiding me. i don't know what i did, but i definitely fucked up!" he ranted, kicking the pillows and covers off the bed.

soobin sighed from the other line, "are you really that dense?" he asked.

kai picked up his phone and stared at his hyung's face that was displayed on the screen with a confused look, "what do you mean?" he asked.

"first of all," he started, taking a deep breath.

kai internally sighed, he was getting a lecture now, wasn't he? yep, he's definitely going to get scolded by the leader.

"she thinks that you're playing with her feelings. panicking and saying that after a confession is not cool, man! how could you do such a thing? anyone would've been offended! if i were her i'd beat you up right there and then. what kind of insolent creature are you to lead someone on like that!!" soobin yelled, making kai flinched a little.

then it hit him.

oh.

so that's why she was mad.

silently laughing at his own stupidity, the boy sighed, "then what should i do, hyung?" he asked.

"choi soobin!! give me my damn phone back!" a faint yell from yeonjun was heard in the background, but was ignored by the younger as he continued talking, "now that's something you have to figure out. anyways, you'll be back by tomorrow, right? see you then!" soobin smiled, waving his hands.

"wait hyung—"

kai didnt get to finish his statement because the older already hung up, causing the maknae to groan in annoyance and threw his phone to the nearby couch, nearly missing and shattering the phone to pieces.