CHAPTER FOURTEEN

I remove my clothes and dip myself in the Jacuzzi to help relax my tired body. I slid in and close my eyes and just replay what happened a while in my head. It reminded me of the painful times in high school when I used to have a huge crush on Josh. My hope got crumbled when he went ahead and dated my biggest enemy and bully Melisa. I admit it was quite foolish of me to think a handsome and popular guy like him would fall for a person like me.

I was the definition of a nerd and I had no friends. I couldn't help but wonder if he would find me the least bit attractive now that I was almost as rich as he was. I could tell he was rich from his dress code and I also assumed that he would take over his family business after school.

I also wondered whether he and Melisa were still together. Back then, it always brought so much stabbing pain to my heart watching my ex-friend who turned into and my worst nightmare and my crush. I always thought that the reason why Melisa decided to date Josh was partly for popularity and partly to hurt my feelings because she knew I had a crush on him. I decided to put those thoughts at the back of my sub-conscious mind. It did not take long before I fell asleep.

The next morning, I was woken up by the sound of someone calling my name very close to my ears. I groaned and opened my eyes and was met by the blues eyes. Brandon giggled when he saw that I was having a hard time waking up.

"Wake up aunt Kira. You promised that today we were going to go out," he says happily.

"I know baby, let's first have breakfast then we can plan a schedule on where to go." I tell him.

"Can Josh come?" I hear him ask

"I don't know about that babes. What about this, we go out today since it's our day out then we can invite him another time," I tell him.

The Jacuzzi