CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

If only they knew what she did to Kira every day at school just to be called the cool girl and join the popular group. I decided I did not want any more drama and picked my phone and told her that I had arrived. I stayed in the car listening to Bruno Mars 'grenade'. I never liked music but this one was one I listened to regularly. I didn't know the words so I just hummed to the beats.

Easy come, easy go, that's just how you live, oh
Take, take, take it all, but you never give
Should have known you was trouble from the first kiss
Had your eyes wide open
Why were they open? (Ooh)

Gave you all I had and you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash, you did
To give me all your love is all I ever ask
'Cause what you don't understand is

I'd catch a grenade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Throw my hand on a blade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I'd jump in front of a train for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
You know I'd do anything for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)

Oh, oh, I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes, I would die for ya, baby
But you won't do the same

No, no, no, no

Black, black, black and blue
Beat me 'til I'm numb
Tell the devil I said "Hey" when you get back to where you're from
Mad woman, bad woman
That's just what you are
Yeah, you'll smile in my face then rip the brakes out my car

Gave you all I had and you tossed it in the trash
You tossed it in the trash, yes you did
To give me all your love is all I ever ask
'Cause what you don't understand is

I'd catch a grenade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Throw my hand on a blade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I'd jump in front of a train for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
You know I'd do anything for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)

Oh oh, I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes, I would die for ya, baby
But you won't do the same

If my body was on fire
Ooh, you'd watch me burn down in flames
You said you loved me, you're a liar
'Cause you never, ever, ever did, baby

But darling, I'd still catch a grenade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
Throw my hand on a blade for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
I'd jump in front of a train for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)
You know I'd do anything for ya (yeah, yeah, yeah)

Oh oh, I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
Yes, I would die for ya, baby
But you won't do the same
No, you won't do the same
You wouldn't do the same
Ooh, you'd never do the same
No, no, no, no oh

It took I while before Melisa came out of her front door. I knew girls took long to get ready but Melisa was a bit extra. She liked make-up and dressing up and therefore she long to get ready. I always thought her make-up was exaggerated but I would never tell her that. That was the work of her female friend who I knew would never tell her that in fear of being thrown out of her group. It disgusted me how girls followed her around like lost puppies just because she was my girlfriend and because she sat at the popular table.

Melisa put her safety belt on after saying hi and I drove off to the hospital after getting directions from her. I didn't know whether it was just my imagination but Melisa seemed a bit off. I brushed it off and continued driving in silence. The only sound in the car was the soft music playing in the radio. Melisa was looking out through the window in deep thoughts. It took about half an hour to get to the hospital where she had booked an appointment. I looked for some space in the parking lot and we headed inside.

The hospital was filled with pregnant women and children running around and some crying loudly. My heart started hammering thinking of the possibility of being in a similar situation. I mean would I be a good father and a good role model. I did not even know one thing about a baby. I had also been brought up alone with no siblings therefore I did not even know how I would take care of a baby. I knew that if the test results were positive, I would help Melisa raise the baby but our relationship was over. There was no us from the moment I broke it off a few weeks ago.

We would try co-parenting, sharing the baby on certain days. I also knew that I had one more problem which was telling my parents that I was having a baby. I knew they would suggest paying for her abortion but that was never an option for me. I also knew that they would try to buy her out of my life in order to save the family's reputation. All these thoughts made me have a slight headache and I brushed my fingers through my hair. I always did this when I was stressed about something. My thoughts were interrupted when Melisa's name was called. I did not know whether to follow her inside the doctor's office so I just continued sitting there looking around. She must have realized that I wasn't behind her because she called my name and asked me to follow them.