CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

I had sex with Melisa many times before in our relationship. She was very good at it and I always enjoyed it. We had sex that night and she spent the night in my room. I could not sleep comfortably that night since all I thought about was how I had told my friends that I was going to ask Kira out before we went to college. I had not even thought about the fact that she might have been going away to a different college. I looked at the sleeping girl besides me, with her curves showing under the covers and her soft snores the only sound in the room. I felt sorry for her since I was going to break her heart again.

She always knew that my heart belonged to Kira but she ignored it long enough in our relationship. She would always try to ignore the pain whenever she would say the L – word and never get back a response. This was the last time I was ever going to interact with her, both physical or emotionally. Or at least that was what I told my-self.

Melisa woke up without a fuss and headed to her parent's house. I was quite confused since I had expected her to put up a fight when I would ask her to leave. She didn't even wait for me to tell her to leave. My best friends and I were planning a party that night at my house. I always had the house to myself so it was not a problem to do whatever I wanted whenever. I just had to convince my nanny to go home for the rest of the night. I even told her not to bother coming in early in the morning. I told her to come in the mid-afternoon which made her happy. She was always the one who brought me up since my parents were too busy travelling to raise a child, their child.

Age had done quite a number on my nanny and she found it difficult to do most easy tasks. I did not want the party to tire her at all so my friends would help me arrange it and help clean up after. Since we didn't know how to cook, we had to order take-out. The party was full to the bloom despite my big house. Everyone showed up with someone and with time people swarmed my house. Late in the night the party was over and the boy stayed over as it was late. We decided that cleaning was going to be done in the morning.

What I didn't expect was the surprise awaiting me a few weeks after the party. I had not seen most of my friends since that day since everyone was busy preparing for college. I was also arranging my things without any hurry since I had two more weeks left. I had expected that my parents would at least be around until I left but I was wrong, just like always. They had attended my graduation which came as a surprise but as soon as we got home, they packed and left to a business trip. I was rather disappointed than sad that they cared the least about me but it lowered my expectations about them even more.