CHAPTER THIRTY

After playing some video games, Derek suggested that we should go out to a party before all hell broke loose. I agreed with him on that. I had to have fun before the results came out determining whether I was going to be a father or not. I lend him some of my clothes so that he would not waste time going back to his house to get changed. I told him to use one of the guest rooms to get ready. In no time we were headed to the party in my Overfinch truck.

We partied and danced around with random girls until late in the night. I was wasted completely but Derek had control his drinking. I guess he knew that I needed that party since it could be my last one in a while. I gave him the keys to the truck and he drove us back to my house. He dragged me to my bedroom and laid me on the bed and I passed out in no time. I woke up the next day with a killer headache. The sun seemed brighter than usual and it made my headache even worse. I grabbed the remote on the night stand and shut the blind making me sigh in relief.

I looked at the time and saw that it was already noon. My stomach was growling asking to be fed. The last time I had eaten was at the diner with Melisa after the hospital visit. Speaking of Melisa, I had not heard from her from yesterday. I ignored that thought and headed to the kitchen to get something to eat. I opened the fridge and saw the food my nanny had made for me yesterday for dinner. I reheated it in the microwave and gobbled it down, then took some aspirin for my headache.

I headed towards the living room and turned the TV on to watch some movies. I knew Derek was still asleep and I did not want to wake him up. He would wake up in his own timing. I did not know when I fell asleep but I was woken up by someone shaking me lightly. I opened my eyes and saw that it was Derek. I sat up and started rubbing my eyes to wake up completely. When I was sure I was completely awake, Derek informed me that my phone was ringing repeatedly. I looked for it on the couch and when I didn't find it I asked Derek where he had heard it ringing.

I found it on the kitchen counter where I was having breakfast and unlocked it to see who was calling. I saw that it was Doctor Adrian and I got more anxious. I called her back and it rang three times with no response. On the fourth ring she picked up and informed me that the test results were back and that they would be mailed back to my house. I also remembered that I was supposed to confront her for telling my parents about the visit. I don't know how she benefited from it but as far as I know, a Doctor was supposed to keep doctor-patient confidentiality which she didn't.

I decided to solve one issue at a time starting with the most life altering one. I asked her whether she could just tell me the results on the phone which she said was possible. She however told me that they would still mail the results to my address and to Melisa's. She continued explaining things which I blocked out and couldn't help but think how talkative she was. She then asked me whether I was ready for the news. She informed me that she was very sorry which made me more anxious on what she was sorry for. She then made the statement the made me sigh in relief but left me in confusion.