CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

I drunk myself to sleep that day and woke up later in the evening. I would tell my parents about Melisa's pregnancy when we were sure it was mine. I looked around my room and saw all the bags I had packed for college disappointingly. I was disappointed in myself for being reckless and not being able to go to college. I would let them stay packed till we went to the doctors which would be soon. I went around the house lazily wondering what I was going to do with my life. I reached the kitchen and opened the fridge. I knew that my nanny had been here sometime in the day when I was asleep.

Whenever she was here, she always cooked some food and left it for me in the fridge. She knew that I wouldn't cook to save a life. She had been cooking for me my whole life and never allowed me in the kitchen when she was cooking. I found some chicken and some lasagna which I reheated and had for super. After I was done eating, I went to the game room which was in the basement at my house and played some games with some of my friends online. It was later in the night that I called Melisa to know when the visit to the doctor's would be. She told me that her doctor was available the next day.

I watched some sports on the TV in my room for some time then went to sleep. I was woken up by my alarm clock the following morning. I had set it so that I would wake up early in the morning to go pick Melisa up for the doctor's appointment. I could not help but be restless wondering what the results were going to be. I showered and put on some casual outfit and headed down stairs for some breakfast.

Due to worrying so much I only had some cereal and an apple since I could not stomach much due to worry. I then headed to the garage and picked out one of my many cars. I did not want to drive my favorite today since I never anyone inside it. I drove to Melisa's house which did not take long. I passed by Kira's house since they lived in the same neighborhood. I knew that Kira had left town a few days after graduation to start college early. I couldn't help but admire her for her determination and focus. She always knew what she wanted and went for it not letting anything stop her. We had studied together since kindergarten and she was on scholarship all through.

I knew that they were friends with Melisa at a younger age but that changed when Melisa started hanging out with me and my friends. I did not know the real reason they stopped being friends but I knew Melisa didn't like Kira. I saw Melisa's house in view and parked outside. I contemplated on whether to go inside or call her to meet me outside. Her parents did not like me or my friends hanging out with her daughter and I knew the pregnancy would be another reason why they should hate me. They thought that I was the one misleading Melisa and making her a bad girl when in reality she was the devil in disguise. She would pretend to be the nicest person in the world when at home but outside, she cause nightmares for people.

I have to admit that I was no better than hersince I always joined her in bullying kids at school or stopped her for thatmatter. What I didn't do was pretend to be a saint in front of anyone like shedid. At some point I think her parents thought that she and Kira were stillfriends. They would always tell her how Kira was the kind of friend that sheshould associate with and she would pretend to agree with them.