CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

My day was quite tiresome as I finished some work at the office. I dealt with a few clients and attended meetings which was quite tiresome but that did not wipe the goofy smile off my face. I could not get Kira out of my mind and had to be startled when I was asked about my thoughts on the presentation. Most of the people in the meetings had annoyed looks on their faces but even that did not dull my brightness. After all I was the boss at the end of the day. I did not realize that the day had ended and most people gone home until my PA came in to tell me that she was leaving.

She was a tall model-like blonde could be described as beautiful. Sometimes I even wondered why she never became a model or a hostess because she had all it took. She had always tried to get my attention like every other lady I had an encounter with. She wore short skimpy that hang tightly onto her body and always left a few buttons on her shirts undone. I had tried countless times to tell her to dress appropriately but it fell on deaf ears.

Despite her behavior I did not find her attractive enough to capture my attention. In fact I thought she was slutty. I had made some mistakes of dating all the model-like girls for the majority of my life but they no longer excited me. All they ever did for me was giving me headaches. I always shuddered at the thought of getting into a serious relationship.

Most people thought that I stopped going around with ladies because I had settled down but they were wrong. I had a situation right after I joined college that I would never with to have again. Melisa my high school girlfriend went on with our relationship for a few more weeks after graduation but I broke it off. I thought that maybe now was the right time to go after Kira and ask her out. I wanted a new start, a happy start. Melisa went mad after the break up but I had expected her to respect my decision.

She stayed away from me for some time and college was approaching. Melisa came knocking at my doorstep with tears in her eyes. Her face was tomato red and her eyes were swollen. I let her in and allowed her to sit on my couch and listen to her cry. It was an awkward moment, since I didn't know how to comfort a crying girl. When her crying had reduced, she told me all that was happening to her at home. Her parents were getting a divorce and they were fighting all the time. She jumped into my arms and continued crying. This was uncomfortable since she was somehow sitting on my lap. I did not even realize it was happening until it already had. Something we had done a million times before but that one time lead to so many bad consequences and memories.